ad: vanity

I Wanna See Your QSL Card!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KF4SCI, May 1, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. N0NB

N0NB Subscriber QRZ Page

Some of the most treasured QSLs in my possession are hand drawn. I'm not an artist so the best I can do is align text and graphics using a computer.

So long as the QSO information is correct, it's fine by me. One of the first QSL cards I received years back the op cut letters out of some magazine and glued them to a picture post card for the QSL to me! Everything else was hand written. I've received cards that have ranged in size from business cards to larger fold out cards. They are all welcome even if they don't always fit nicely into a stack.

K8PG, N6HCM and W4RAV like this.
  2. KP4SX

KP4SX Subscriber QRZ Page

The Old Fart DXers will remember this one. Kuwait wasn't so easy back then. It worked!

9K2DRfront.jpg

9K2DR-2.jpg

N0NB and AC8UN like this.
  3. W9RAC

W9RAC Subscriber QRZ Page

dirtypaperqsl wireless.jpg dirtypaperqslback wirelessshack.jpg
    some more 30's style

WZ7U likes this.
  4. K2RCN

K2RCN Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG]

They came out quite a bit darker when printed, but I'm still happy with how they look...4x6, a bit on the big side, but whatever :)

AD0LR and WZ7U like this.
  5. R2ASZ

R2ASZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Why do some people prefer to write QSO information on the back side and some on the front?

6. N0NB

N0NB Subscriber QRZ Page

It probably depends on the photo or graphic they've chosen. My first sets of preprinted cards had the info on the back and then I switched to making my own and putting the QSO info on the front and more comments on the back. For eQSL designs and for scanning, I like those that have the QSO info on the front. For those that have it on the back I'm putting the scans of both sides into a single file. For wall displays having everything on the front allows viewers to see everything.

7. JL1DCA

JL1DCA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

30%.png "RICA under daydream" Rica doll is Japanese berbie. She is oriental, of course.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
    IZ8NYE and KA2CZU like this.
  8. N6HCM

N6HCM Ham Member QRZ Page

Perhaps this didn't come out as intended but it's still quite nice.

Also, I'm a neighbor of sorts. 13203...

9. W6ADF

W6ADF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This is a nice thread. It seems in a time when so many out there do not care about QSL/Paper cards. I think they are a treasure because the person sending the card, took some time to confirm the information in his/her log, write a message and prepare it for mailing. I too appreciate the cards that are obviously creative, say something about the operator and or the QTH. For me, I wish more were into this age old practice, it beats the heck out of Eqsl, yet I am a member but do not treasure those contacts at all. If anyone sends me a card - mine is carefully prepared and sent as a reply. I have had a few SWL cards that too are treasures.

Attached Files:

WZ7U, AC8UN and KP4SX like this.
  10. W7TCT

W7TCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Sorry to be dense on this, but I am struggling with finding out how to get a both front and back version. There are many 'templates' and online resources for the front of the card, but do you have advice on how to also get the back of the card?

I want to have a pic and the QSO info on the front and the back is just the simple To/From/Stamp areas. Help?