I Wanna See Your QSL Card!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KF4SCI, May 1, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WE4B

WE4B Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep. Card checkers will accept a satellite QSO card provided the name of the satellite is listed. I would use a different style of card if I made the QSO on a linear satellite as frequency would be important for that since they aren't fixed frequencies like an FM bird.

2. WE4B

WE4B Ham Member QRZ Page

Here's an example of one of my cards which could be used on a linear bird:
    WE4B-Halloween-QSLCard.jpg

LZ2MVM likes this.
  3. KI7HSB

KI7HSB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I would have thought that all that info would only be important as confirmation of time and means of contact in verifying a contact for a contest. I've never had any interest in contests... Just want to reach out and talk to whoever wants to share their thoughts. No pressure, no quotas, no trophies.

4. WE4B

WE4B Ham Member QRZ Page

It's important information as it's all required to use the cards for contests. As I've mentioned, the cards I'm sending out for my contest are designed to be used form FM satellite contacts. Since an FM satellite transponder has a fixed uplink and downlink, all that's required is the name of the satellite, date and time.

Contesting isn't for everyone and, to be honest, all of my contacts are also confirmed on LoTW but I would encourage you to have some cards on hand in case you get one in the mail from another amateur. It's always nice to get a card back in the mail from the other ham.

KI7HSB likes this.
  5. K2DFC

K2DFC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You may not care about trophies but the person your talking to might be. So do them a favor and have all the needed info on your card. Most QSL card printers have a web site with samples.

KI7HSB likes this.
  6. K9RMR

K9RMR Ham Member QRZ Page

Randall M Rueff (2).jpg Randall M Rueff (3).jpg

LZ2MVM, WZ7U, KP4SX and 1 other person like this.
  7. WE4B

WE4B Ham Member QRZ Page

These two were put out into the wild as part of my contest:

WE4B Shrimp QSL Card.jpg

WE4B Sushi QSL Card.jpg

LZ2MVM, KD4MOJ, WZ7U and 1 other person like this.
  8. WE4B

WE4B Ham Member QRZ Page

I love the speed and efficiency of LoTW and use it daily but I love getting QSL cards in the mail. It's one aspect of the hobby that I really enjoy and have passed down to my daughter, W4AQT. It is very satisfying when I send a commemorative QSL card to another amateur and they are happy to receive it. With all the strife in the world today, this is just a simple, historic thing that most amateurs enjoy.

twitter.jpg

LZ2MVM and KJ4VTH like this.
  9. WA2NWN

WA2NWN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I copied it from a deceased relative who made hand drawn cards. See attached

Attached Files:

LZ2MVM and WE4B like this.
  10. NX1Z

NX1Z XML Subscriber QRZ Page

PRIMARY OP LOCATION
    EARTH_QSL_0007_png.jpg

SECONDARY OP LOCATION
    CT8_0002_png.jpg

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
    VK6APZ, LZ2MVM, WE4B and 1 other person like this.