I Wanna See Your QSL Card!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KF4SCI, May 1, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
  1. WE4B

WE4B Ham Member QRZ Page

She does have a unique set of talents. She's only 11 so who knows what she will end up doing. She is sitting for the General exam next month. Amateur radio has played a large role in her STEM education.

2. WB0MPB

WB0MPB Subscriber QRZ Page

That is so cool. Please wish her a lot of luck and tell her to study hard so she can get her license.
    Burt will probably be here soon to say how his 8 year old got her license back when she had to really learn electronics and design a complete station and explain how it worked and do code and go up hill both ways in the snow to the FCC office and get the exam from some cranky old person.
    But in my opinion it still takes work and you can't do it in your sleep now even though Burt says you can.

So again wish her luck, don't let her read any Burt stories about how easy it is to get and please let us know when she has a license. And if for some reason she doesn't get it on the first try that is NO big deal. (Sorry Burt. Just leave her alone and don't make her feel bad if she has to take it twice. And don't post a picture of your 8 year old to put undue pressure on this young sweet 11 year old.) Just have her do it again and count the first time as a nice practice session. I hope I can have a QSO (Sorry Burt, that means a contact,) with her someday.
    John, WB0MPB
    PS.. I just started studying for my Extra but I bet she beats me to getting he Extra before I do. If she goes for her extra let me know and that will give me a reason to bust my fanny to see if there is anyway I can beat her, I really bet she would beat me. LOL :D:D

3. WB0MPB

I am not sure I can say this here cause it is soliciting business but this card is really cool. The picture is not fitting for me but if I could dream up something for a card for me would she be interested in taking my thoughts and put them to paper and design me a card? Of course for a fee. My first thought is something dealing with flying quadcopters. I have never had a cool card and have always wanted one. My cards have always been from cheapqsls.com. Don't get me wrong. They have always done a great job for just a simple cheap cards but it would be fun to have a cool card before I am an SK. (I better get bust, LOL)

Just a thought
    John, WB0MPB
    Here is my cheap card now. It is nice and gets the point across but I deserve a fancy one!!
    QSL_CARD1.jpg
    And I have moved so it is inaccurate now.

4. K2PHD

K2PHD Ham Member QRZ Page

image.jpeg

KC3GSV and WZ7U like this.
  5. N2UHC

N2UHC Ham Member QRZ Page

My six-year-old daughter has been reading Pete the Cat books.

WE4B likes this.
  6. W3SCA

W3SCA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

My own QSL, My club QSL and the special event QSL I was running this year...

73! Jay
    K3K.PNG KC3HLM_QSL.jpg W3SCA.jpg

KA2CZU, WE4B, WZ7U and 1 other person like this.
  7. WB0MPB

I love the train. That is a really cool picture.

John, WB0MPB

8. W3SCA

W3SCA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you John, we took an excursion a few years ago and I snapped a few pictures since I am a train nut too and thought it would make a nice card! :)

73, Jay

WB0MPB likes this.
  9. AI6AK

AI6AK Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree. Love the pic.

W3SCA likes this.
  10. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

I was born in Algiers and grew up in Harvey.