I Wanna See Your QSL Card!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KF4SCI, May 1, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
  1. N7ITE

N7ITE Ham Member QRZ Page

2. N2UHC

N2UHC Ham Member QRZ Page

Here's a few of the better designs I came up with lately:

Landscape.jpg Planet.jpg Spacey.jpg Sunset.jpg
    These are made with backgrounds of computer wallpaper I downloaded.

Paddles.jpg Tractor.jpg Steam Engine 2.jpg Steam Engine.jpg

The first one here is obviously the same pic of paddles I own which is currently my avatar. The other three are pictures of tractors I took. The steam tractor with the roof was bought new in 1915 by my great grandfather and passed down through the family to my cousin who totally restored it a few years back.

Brutus.jpg sky.jpg

These two are pictures I took, the left being sunrise on Big Brutus, the world's largest electric coal shovel, long decommissioned and is part of a museum that a few of us hams camp at every year.

KI4RHR, WZ7U and WB0MPB like this.
  3. KA3CTQ

KA3CTQ Ham Member QRZ Page

upload_2017-10-10_12-43-50.png
    Thinking of using this for my newest design.

NH6MA likes this.
  4. WB0MPB

WB0MPB Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't like that picture. He/She looks so sad and I feel so sad for him/her going through whatever he/she is going through having to wear that thing.
    John, WB0MPB

5. N2UHC

I didn't know they had giant crabs in Oregon. How long does it take to cook a set of crab legs?

6. N7ZAL

N7ZAL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yeah, the picture is a little deceiving. :) Seriously, we have dungeness crabs that are about 6 inches +. A lot larger than the eastern blue crabs. Great eating also.

7. N2UHC

I've had good luck with two free and easily-available QSL programs out there online. The first is QSL Maker which I used for a while, and the second is HamQSLer. With QSL Maker, I found that if I print 3 QSL's per page, I could easily print the front of the card and then print a back side after a little trial & error at getting the card positioned on the page. I set the X factor (left/right) at 123 for each front part of the card, and the X factor for the backs at about 128 or so. Setting them both at 125 might work, but I stopped using that program in favor of HamQSLer, which is a far superior program for many reasons, but printing front/back of a sheet of QSL's is easy if you pick the option to center them on the page when printing. You still get 3 QSL's per sheet of card stock. I haven't tried 4 with this program, but with QSL Maker it seemed to always cut off the edge of two of the QSL's when printing.

The only thing is that I don't know if either of these programs are available for Mac OS you said you run. But if you have a Windows computer and don't send out all that many QSL's, designing and printing them up at home is a piece of cake.

8. KA3CTQ

KA3CTQ Ham Member QRZ Page

He is just mad I am not sharing my sandwich.

Don't worry, he is not starving. He is a 85 pound chow hound.

He jumped out a window and cut his paw. We have the cone on to keep him from constantly licking the wound.

9. N2UHC

The cone of shame!

WZ7U and AC8UN like this.
  10. WB0MPB

WB0MPB Subscriber QRZ Page

Come on. You can't say that and leave us hanging. What caused him to jump out a window and was it a house or car window? Was he after something that he saw? Sounds like an interesting event in the life of your dog.

John, WB0MPB