I Wanna See Your QSL Card!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KF4SCI, May 1, 2017.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-Geochron
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Mayra (KG5ONN) made a number of contacts recently (WW Digi, TN QSO Party and Texas QSO Party) and so it was time for us to get some QSL cards printed. She wanted something cute and fun that matched her personality. We found this smiling Concha art and sent it over to UX5UO to see what he could do and this was the very nice result, ordered them this morning. We will see if the pandemic impacts the shipping too badly. She already has a couple of cards to respond to when they arrive.

KG5ONN.jpg

KT4PH, WZ7U and W7TCT like this.
  2. W9RAC

W9RAC Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

More 30's/40's
    W9RACCARD front.jpg 40S QSL BACK.jpg

K8BZ, N6QLH and KP4SX like this.
  3. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I generally don't care much for oversize cards but I just received this one which is pretty cool. Its a full 5x7 inches.
    card 002.JPG

VK6APZ, KT4PH, UK8IQ and 1 other person like this.
  4. K2ENF

K2ENF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

[​IMG]

N6HCM likes this.
  5. W9RAC

Pretty nice Gary, looks like we are neighbors. Drop me a note we can do some 10/6 meter SSb direct. 73 Rich

6. W9RAC

Here is a 40's style I'm working on. I believe Ill have a comment section on the back of the post card, Ill post it when complete. 73 Rich
    lightning card.jpg

KD9MPK, F8WBD and KP4SX like this.
  7. W9RAC

Ok, this is what I am thinking as the 40's version complete. I left an area for a line or two to write notes to other Op. for CW rag chew or SSb rag chew contacts, 73 Rich
    lightning card.jpg lightning back.jpg

N6QLH and WZ7U like this.
  8. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Very nice.
    One nitpic though. Even though it boldly proclaims INDIANA at the top I would include the IN in the address. Many foreigners (and some locals) aren't all that familiar with the standard US addressing format.

N6HCM likes this.
  9. W9RAC

Thanks Bill for the comment. I struggled with that and suggestions are certainly solicited. I considered that since I am the only user of the cards and I am strictly a stateside Op. the recipient would know. I do agree these would likely not be for other work for any type of contacts for the reason you have pointed out or anything more that a rag-chew session. I could not get the Indiana in on the bottom and maintain the look with having to have the zip in there too. I still have some work to do on the back side, I'm not satisfied with it completely. Thanks! 73 Rich

10. W4SEX

W4SEX Ham Member QRZ Page

Living Social Security check to the next the QSL cards are probably one of the last things I will spend my money on