I thought 50.125 was a Calling Frequency...

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KM6CND, May 3, 2021 at 2:07 AM.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KI5AAI

KI5AAI Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Nope, bump yourself down a couple of threads and you will see people whining about spectrum displays and CW LOL.

WG7X and WZ7U like this.
  2. AD5MB

AD5MB Ham Member QRZ Page

if we whine about the spelling of whinge, is that whining^2, or whinging ^2?

3. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

Either way, I'm inclined to cringe... Or is it crigne?:confused::rolleyes:

4. N2UHC

N2UHC Ham Member QRZ Page

They're probably also the same people who complain about people having extended QSO's on the local 2m repeater. So they chase everyone off , the repeater becomes totally silent, and then they complain that nobody uses the repeater any more.

VK4HAT, KA0HCP, N1VAU and 3 others like this.
  5. M0IND

M0IND Ham Member QRZ Page

Problem is, if no one was there, would you know the band was open? (But then, yes, it is a bit rude)

6. W7IMM

W7IMM Ham Member QRZ Page

Well,

One way to approach this would be to join their group, talk to them, get to know them and ask what they all think about doing regular "ragchew" off the "calling freq", so it would be available for others to call and move off..... maybe increasing activity on the band.

They might not frequent QRZ forums and might not see this or other threads about using "calling" frequencies......

7. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

Only if its the illegal use of a noun can we complain about it on qrz.

W4NNF likes this.
  8. KC5NYO

KC5NYO Ham Member QRZ Page

9. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

That's some pretty funny stuff :)

Not really 6-meter related, but I love this part:

"One Sixty, for example. The 'Gentlemens Band'. Yeah, rite. Somewhere I heard 'Gentlemen prefer blondes'. These gentlemen prefer noise. Should be called the 'Static Crash Band'. All you need for 160 meters is about 400 miles of radials and beverages, a couple kilowatts, and you can work anybody who lives in the same state as you do"

:D:D

Dave
    W7UUU
    [Yes, I do enjoy frustrating myself with both 160 AND 6 meters!)

N3AWS, AD5HR and KP4SX like this.
  10. VK6ZGO

VK6ZGO Ham Member QRZ Page

But our evil plan has reached fruition, we have corrupted innocent non-VKs into using the term "whinge".

Of course, everybody did it, they just never knew the right word.

VK4HAT likes this.