ad: Radclub22-1

I think I'm gonna hurl...

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KE0EYJ, Jun 10, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. WZ7U

WZ7U Subscriber QRZ Page

Open it sooner :p

2. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Free falling starts off at 0 ft per second. It takes time to approach terminal velocity.
    I'll bet the guy falling probably feels like its an eternity.

I saw the aftermath of an iron worker who had tied himself off to a loose I-beam in order to help move it into place. The I-beam went over the side and he was one lanyard length behind it all the way down..(300 ft). His head met the end of the I-beam when it hit the ground. Alcohol was involved.

3. W1TRY

W1TRY Ham Member QRZ Page

I worked many years as a UHF TV Transmitter Field Engineer for Comark and the rule of thumb was if you were going to fall, make sure you were over 100' up to ensure you didn't survive.

4. K3EY

K3EY Ham Member QRZ Page

You sound like my mother, and she is 87

N6QIC likes this.
  5. K3EY

K3EY Ham Member QRZ Page

6. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hmm.

OP says he thinks he might "hurl".

Suppose someone on the top of that tower did "hurl" - how fast would it be going when it hit the ground crew below?

7. WZ7U

WZ7U Subscriber QRZ Page

125 mph

8. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

Tallest free climb 400’. Elevator up to 1800’. I was weak behind the knees but after working on tall buildings for awhile, I got over it. I climbed a 150’ at night to point a dsh. Now three steps into the house might as well be 600’ tower.

9. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

Whenever we had any antenna issues on a tower we called a tower company, the ones on rooftop masts we handled in-house !

10. AF4LY

AF4LY Ham Member QRZ Page

KI5AAI likes this.