I passed my General test today!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KI5OMM, Apr 25, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K7TRF

K7TRF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Some good resources here: http://www.arrl.org/studying-for-the-general-license

But there's also info on the web if you Google things like: Amateur Radio General Class Study

2. G3EDM

G3EDM Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations! I got my U.S. General (KB1WSY) nearly 10 years ago and remember the exhilaration. You're already way ahead of me because I then dithered and never actually got on the air ... until this summer after moving to England a few years ago.

73 de Martin, G3EDM

3. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

I prefer Gordon West books because if you read them you'll learn something. Plus I do occasionally look in them for reference.

https://www.amazon.com/2019-2023-General-Class-Gordon-WB6NOA/dp/0945053932

Amazon is sold out but you probably can find one at a ham gear supply.
    Don't forget to use the practice tests here and eham, they'll help you learn the answers but please do put in time reading.

4. KN6OAK

KN6OAK Ham Member QRZ Page

5. KK7BMS

KK7BMS Ham Member QRZ Page

I used the Craig Buck books for Tech and General. They are available free on Kindle Unlimited. You can get a 30 day free trial which should be long enough. ARRL free online tests also. I have been licensed for ~6 weeks, have not got a HF antenna up yet. Maybe I'll head to the W7DK ham club and use their rig Saturday. Congrats on the achievement!

6. KE0GXN

KE0GXN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Congrats! The world awaits you!

73 and good DX.

7. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Huh, amongst front page royalty it seems
    Screenshot_20211129-155426_Chrome.jpg

KE0GXN and KP4SX like this.
  8. KE0GXN

KE0GXN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hey, I know that dude!