ad: UR5CDX-1

I passed my General test today!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KI5OMM, Apr 25, 2021.

ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Subscribe
  1. KI5OMM

KI5OMM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you all for the kind words! I'm going to spend some time today cruising 20 meters and hopefully make some more contacts. I am still trying to find the sweet spot on my transmitter where I'm putting out the best signal without over driving and distortion. Also I'm going to look at boom microphones as the Yaesu hand held is a bit cumbersome. Thanks again!

KO4ESA likes this.
  2. KI4ZUQ

KI4ZUQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Outstanding! Keep that enthusiasm going! Now the real learning starts!

KO4ESA likes this.
  3. K0RGR

K0RGR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Congratulations and welcome to the HF world. The next few years should be pretty exciting, with the return of sunspots opening up the higher bands. I know 12 and even 10 meters popped open earlier this week. I suspect by fall 15 and 12 will be open daily for DX. I would suggest you also explore 17 meters, the people there are mostly there just to have fun, whereas 20 has many nets that claim frequencies on which you do not want to tread. 17 and 40 are good places for newcomers.

KO4ESA and KI5OMM like this.
  4. KJ4RT

KJ4RT Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats. Enjoy.

KO4ESA likes this.
  5. N7WR

N7WR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Congrats. I've been licensed for 63 years and have held Novice, General, Advanced, and for many years my Extra. However I was a General for a very long time and enjoyed most of what ham radio has to offer. Yes there are some advantages to the Extra but a General Class license gives you most of the privileges needed to make the most out of the hobby. Enjoy

KO4ESA likes this.
  6. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations!!

KO4ESA likes this.
  7. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Good deal! Now you have more choices, enjoy!
    Next stop Extra.

KO4ESA likes this.
  8. N7VGO

N7VGO Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats, go out and get them! Hope to work you some day

KO4ESA likes this.
  9. KC3RAA

KC3RAA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Congratulations! I'm only 2 weeks into having my General and have been having a blast

KO4ESA and KD2UHD like this.
  10. N2UHC

N2UHC Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations. HF is a whole new fun world to explore.

KO4ESA likes this.