I passed my General test today!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KI5OMM, Apr 25, 2021.

ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-BCInc
  1. KI5OMM

KI5OMM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have been studying hard the past few weeks and made good today. My local club made it easy to take the test, so hats off to those guys.

I could not wait to get home and start making Qso's. I checked into the Texas net and afterwards, several friendly guys called me and talked with me for a good while. I am so excited to be able to make new friends and learn the ropes so to speak. I live in a rural area and I don't have many personal friends, so it's a great feeling to chat with folks on the radio just about anytime.

The technical side of the hobby is very rewarding also and of course reading posts here on QRZ is always helpful!

Bud - KI5OMM

W4NNF, KJ7ZEI, WA9JOQ and 24 others like this.
  2. N0VFJ

N0VFJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Congratulations!

KO4ESA likes this.
  3. N1YR

N1YR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Congratulations Bud.

KO4ESA likes this.
  4. NK7Z

NK7Z XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Good for you, and congratz on taking the next step... You will enjoy HF.

KO4ESA likes this.
  5. K1LKP

K1LKP Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

HATS OFF.jpg

73 - K1LKP

KO4ESA likes this.
  6. K4MTO

K4MTO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Congratulations! I am only a test ahead of you. Got my Extra ticket the first of April. Keep it going! Don't stop. Hope to chat soon!

KO4ESA likes this.
  7. K4CUA

K4CUA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

"I live in a rural area and I don't have many personal friends"

First, congratulations!

Second, now work on Extra. Use HamTestOnline.com. Do exactly what they tell you (use study mode, no practice tests, set a goal). It'll get you to Extra in a month (plus or minus) with a very low cost.

Third, I firmly believe that if you have one or two good friends, even virtual (internet) ones or hams, with whom you can talk about personal issues or get and give help, you are way ahead of most people. Most "friends" really are merely acquaintances who will disappear when your needs arise, even simple needs. You obviously have more than one so you are way ahead of most of us!

73!

KO4ESA and KC5NYO like this.
  8. W3WD

W3WD Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats Bud and I agree with K4CUA-- start working on Extra now if you can, while you're in study mode and the material is fresh. Good luck!

KO4ESA likes this.
  9. N1VAU

N1VAU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yay a new general!!

Congratulations!!!

Ham radio really takes off after passing the general, the world awaits for you.

KO4ESA likes this.
  10. N2HUN

N2HUN Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations, enjoy being a General ham.

KO4ESA likes this.