I ordered a cable for 891 to work digital, I need separate audio ports

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by N8MLP, Oct 30, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. N8MLP

N8MLP Ham Member QRZ Page

2. K0ETE

K0ETE Ham Member QRZ Page

That will work for you. You are not actually using an adapter. You are adding a new sound card to your computer. It will work great; however, I have a number of them that I use for various situations.

K4AGO likes this.
  3. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

... and that external sound card will stop those window beeps, boops, you have mail sounds from being transmitted too.

4. W7ESR

W7ESR Ham Member QRZ Page

That will work, but you could also go this route... B3BF5B35-C978-4A64-B237-B6611A53B6E8.jpeg So far, no issues and just doing some testing. Look for HamDapter on eBay. Good guy, quick service.

5. K4AGO

K4AGO Ham Member QRZ Page

I use a number of them for different modes too. The USB sound cards are great for portability. Just unplug the USB sound card and go. Plus they are a great replacement for laptop sound cards that have stopped working.

6. K4AGO

K4AGO Ham Member QRZ Page

The pink is the MIC input and the green is the audio out or headphone jack. You are mistaken about "My windows machine only has one audio port."

Windows can handle more than one "sound port." When you plug the "cable" you purchased into a USB port on your computer you are adding another sound card (what you are referring to as a "sound port") to your computer.