I need some good repeaters to plug in for Fla trips

Discussion in 'On the Road' started by W4MAS, Feb 10, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: FBNews-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W4MAS

W4MAS Ham Member QRZ Page

I'd like to get some good repeater s to plug into for my week end trips to Fla, I drive an 18 wheeler & Usually just listen to music as opposed to the cb. I want some good ideas for 2 meter ,440,& 1.25 from south of Atlanta to Orlando, Daytona Beach & Jacksonville areas . These are the normal cities I travel to. Thanks if anyone has any. W4MAS 73

2. KB3WFV

KB3WFV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't have any specific repeaters to recommend but here is a link to a great online repeater directory that sorts the list by state and then city....

https://www.repeaterbook.com/repeaters/index.php?state_id=none

Several years ago while staying in Daytona Fla, I recall listing to a repeater that seemed pretty active. Sorry I don't recall the frequency.

I have found that placing my 2 meter rig in scan mode tends to find more activity than I expected. Scanning is helpful for finding active repeaters along your route. Depending the features for your rig, it might be able to scan a range of frequencies or only scan the programmed memory banks. Some rigs will even scan for active frequencies and store those frequencies in the memory banks. Don't forget to program in the national call frequencies.

Enjoy
    Brian
    KB3WFV

KU3X and W7EDC like this.
  3. N6PAS

N6PAS Ham Member QRZ Page

Why aren't you using Repeater Book?

K3XR, KD6KPC and W7EDC like this.
  4. W7JSM

W7JSM Ham Member QRZ Page

Download repeaterbook on phone

W7EDC and KU3X like this.
  5. W4MAS

thanks I am using it

6. W4POT

W4POT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

That must have been a long time ago, there's a lot of repeaters here now that sit silent 99% of the time. The most active one is probably the DMR one that's linked with some others in Florida.

7. W4MAS

ok thanks that what a friend told me .

8. KN4FFK

KN4FFK Ham Member QRZ Page

146.970 in Anthony (between Gainesville and Ocala) has a large footprint, and I hear folks on there every now and then. If I recall correctly their antenna is at 940 ft. so you should be able to hit them from I-75 or I-95.
    If you are going south on 75, I have gotten on 146.820 and 146.850 (Gainesville), and 145.470 (High Springs). You might be able to hit 147.330 (Gulf Hammock) which is local to me. Those are the only ones I have personally used that might fit your criteria.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020