I need help on ActionTec PK5000 M/R

Discussion in 'Echolink/IRLP Tech Board' started by W7LZ, Aug 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. W7LZ

W7LZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Has anyone out there been able to setup Echolink on a Qwest ActionTec PK5000 modem/router? This modem/router is not listed on www.portforward.com.

The normal setting of port forwarding for 5198, 5199, and 5200 did not work. I then tried to define an application (both with the ports forwarded and when reset) but during the first port number I received 'invalid port value'. I have also tried both 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.3 (the later coming from ipconfig).
    I was generaly following the portforward.com directions for the ActionTec M1000, which uses the 'application' process to define an application named Echolink..

Could it be that I need to use PPPoA instead of PPPoE?

Roger - W7LZ

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2010
  2. W7LZ

W7LZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Echolink running on Actiontec PK5000

I was off on a tangent with the help files for a different modem/router at www.portforward.com. Once I found out that I needed an internal static address [start/run/cmd/ipconfig] and went to the modem's advance port forwarding function it went smoothly. I had thought that static IPs were something that you had to purchase from the ISP.

Actiontec / Qwest, a telephone company, is not putting together a 'manual' for the PK5000, they only have explanation panels, by topic, on the Internet.

I now have Echolink running, without using public proxy, on the home office computer and at the radio shack. The first is with a hard wired eithernet cable and the second uses the router's wifi signal.

Roger - W7LZ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.