ad: k1jek

I LOST MY ELMER TODAY,OH THE TEAES...

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by WD0BC, Apr 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. WD0BC

WD0BC Ham Member QRZ Page

I LOST MY ELMER TODAY,OH THE TEARS...

James "Jack" Randall died in his sleep last night.  He was my elmer and my firend. Jack held the call of K0KBD for over 50 years.

Jack was one of those old CW hounds that could work someone on 20 through QRM , read the  paper, watch Dallas on TV and hold a conversation with you at one time.

In 1977 he got me back into the swing of Ham Radio and inparted a love of CW which I will never loose.

Jack was born in 1918 so he was a "true" ham who knew how to take stuff apart and fix it. He was a hellava story teller and a pretty good fisherman too.

In recent years Jack had suffered from back pains brought on from 35 years of delivering Wonder Bread on his route. He said when his back hurt that he could feel every loaf of the bread he ever delivered.

Jack in the 50's and 60's had stacks of Brass Pounder Certificates that were two feet thick.  Jack Randall K0KBD WAS CW here in Saint Joseph, Missouri.

He will be greatly missed by the amateur community, his firends and family.

God Bless the old CW MAN James Randall K0KBD 1918/2006 SK.

Submitted by WD0BCX

2. W0LAV

W0LAV Ham Member QRZ Page

I also knew Jack,and considered him one of the greats in our hobby of Ham Radio. I am a musician,and so was Jack. He was a professional trumpet player,as I am, and we had many a fine talk of those days,and of being on the road. I will sorely miss him and know he is up there with the Master trumpet player having the time of his life. God bless you Jack,and thanks for all the talks and what times we had together. Charles Shanks W0LAV

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.