I know what I want

Discussion in 'Homebrew and Kit Projects' started by KD8DEY, Nov 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

But now what can I use to get it onto a board without drawing it out by hand??

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
  2. KB9BVN

KB9BVN Ham Member QRZ Page

What is it? I can't make out the image you attached.

3. VK2TIL

VK2TIL Ham Member QRZ Page

Life's Too Short For Making One-Off PCBs

A simple PSK31 interface like this lends itself very well to Manhattan construction.

4. KB9BVN

KB9BVN Ham Member QRZ Page

I can't read the drawing he posted...my eyes are not that good. Does he use an optoisolator by any chance? How is he isolating the rig from the soundcard?

Manhattan building techniques would definitely cover this one.

5. VK2TIL

VK2TIL Ham Member QRZ Page

As far as I can make-out it's quite standard; an optocoupler, a couple of transformers and a trimpot. Perhaps a couple of resistors.

6. KD8DEY

OOPS

I tried to made it larger BUT it seems that photobucket automatically changes it from a bitmap to a jprg and it looses quality.

It uses an isolator with connections for RTS & DTR, along with pots for the RX and TX lines so I dont have to go back and forth resetting my soundcard etc.

7. KD8DEY

Its like Lays chips

Cant Have just 1. Need some for a couple of my buddies as well as myself. :D

8. K9STH

K9STH Ham Member QRZ Page

The drawing is fine on my monitor!

Glen, K9STH

9. KD8DEY

took some work but its MUCH bigger now :D

the receive and transmit section are slightly modified from the same source. the keyer circuit is slightly modified (added 2nd keyer line) from
    a different schematic.

10. KD1JV

KD1JV Ham Member QRZ Page

You could down load one of the many PCB cad programs, learn how to use it, buy a laser printer if you don't already have one and learn how to make a toner transfer board.

But for something this simple, building a couple on perf-boards would likely be quicker and less expensive!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.