ad: vanity

I keep posting comments ...

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by W2WDX, Jun 9, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
  1. W2WDX

W2WDX Subscriber QRZ Page

When I first come onto the forum I look down the right side for the "latest" posts. Sometimes I'll see something click on it and post a comment. A few minutes later I get an alert that posting comments in the swapmeet is verboten!

There is only one thing I can do ... say D'OH!!!!

Sometimes I feel like Homer Simpson.

KP4SX likes this.
  2. KD2NOM

KD2NOM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I am guilty of this as well.

3. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Me three. Very tempting sometimes.

4. N1UXA

N1UXA Ham Member QRZ Page

Me FOUR! I have done it as well. Usually a mild comment like, "I used to have one of these - My favorite radio!"
    I wonder how much time is dedicated to searching out and removing those comments.
    All in all I guess its a good thing so the Swaps don't become a circus, (especially with some of the absurd prices people ask!).

DISCLAIMER: Most people ask fair prices - QRZ is a great site for used equipment!:)

5. K2HAT

K2HAT QRZ Volunteer Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Every single post is looked at by the moderators. Every Comment.

There was a time when the original person posting could choose to block All further comments.
    Not sure if going back to that would help the Mods, but it sure would slow down the sometimes extraneous comments like "Nice Radio wish I had the money". :(

N3AB and KN7S like this.
  6. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

You should try for the WAP (worked all posts) award. I've achieved that a couple of times on the zed. :)

7. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Me Five :( Guilty as charged :(

Dave
    W7UUU

8. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

At one time, it WAS a circus! Price police, nostalgics, etc. would flood a For Sale thread sometimes with pages of blather.

Then for a while, the ability to leave comments was turned off - period. That made it too sterile IMO.

So it's good the way it is now I think.

The thing that annoys me when I'm the seller though are the folks who think there needs to be allowed "I'll take it" posts - sort of a "I've got dibs" thing, as if to say being the first to comment means you can then take your sweet time to email that you'll make the purchase. When I sell stuff, I sell to the person I feel the best about - not the one with the earliest time stamp!!! So I'm glad the "I've got dibs" posts always get deleted. That's a really good thing when you're the seller

Dave
    W7UUU

WX7P, N1UXA, W3ESE and 1 other person like this.