I just got my license

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by NY8Y, Dec 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations and welcome to Amateur Radio.
    I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. :)

2. WD9GYF

WD9GYF Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats on your ticket. Do yourself a favor and don't stop studying. I left the hobby for over 25 years, and now I'm having problems getting all the info back in my cranium to get my Extra. So keep going and enjoy the hobby, it has alot to offer, and as has been said, ask questions. The only stupid question is the one you don't ask.

3. N3BR

N3BR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Congrats on joining us, hope to hear you someday.

4. AD4DQ

AD4DQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats on the license, im sure you have received your hard copy by now, takes 10 days or so. Have fun on the bands.

5. VE6MAD

VE6MAD Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey, Congrat's on the license. I would recommend you trying D-Star, its pretty cool. I've got my license 2 years ago and I got into it right away. Pick yourself up a dongle or a DSTAR radio, and you can talk to the world digitally. I know its probably not as fun as tuning an antenna to work worldwide, but hey, its digital. Good luck! BTW, I'm 17.

6. KB1TRY

KB1TRY Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats. Im 15, as well. Ive been a ham for one year febuary. Ive upgraded to general. Powersupplys. Go with something with about 23+ amps. When you go to get an HF radio you dont want to have to run 50 watts or something of that sort, I Made the mistake of buying a 20A surge, and it has not caused me problems. But does struggle a bit to run 100 watts when I have the speaker turned up n the 2 meter. Have fun with the hobby. You will enjoy it. Thats for sure

Quinn,
    KB1TRY

7. M1DPE

M1DPE Ham Member QRZ Page

kd8pdm
    congratulations on getting your new ticket. any us station that hears me please call in
    Len m1dpe

8. KF5KCN

KF5KCN Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats! I'm 12 and got my call sign a few days ago.

9. KD8KSN

KD8KSN Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations on the recent ticket Robert, and welcome to the hobby! I received my Tech in April 2009 at the age of 16, then upgrade to General in April of 2010 at the age of 17. I am 18 now and have not cracked the Extra book yet. I am not on HF much, so I am not sure when/if I am going to upgrade. My primary interests are satellites (2m/440 uplinks/downlinks) and APRS (2m).

Hope to hear you on the air sometime!

Zack

10. KJ4ZVQ

KJ4ZVQ Ham Member QRZ Page

congrats! got mine in january. its been alot of fun for me. I think i have had more fun buildind things for the radio than the actual radio lol. i have built a pretty great di pole antenna out of scraps of plastic, bailing wire and 300 ohm cable. Its not about what equipment you have (though it does help) its about haveing fun:) ps im 16
    73's, KJ4ZVQ
    Adam T Hyatt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.