I have many contacts from 70s and 80s which cannot confirm in data base

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by K3GO, Jan 7, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. K3GO

K3GO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I finally found a post that states you cannot manually confirm a contact for DXCC credit iN your log
    The problem is illustrated by this example
    I worked 9M1MM in mid 1979. back then you sent a card , got a card , sent in to ARRL for DXCC confirmation , then it applied as a country in your DXCC totals

9M1MM long gone. There are no records in this current database this or other older contacts I have confirmed and was switched over to LOTW when that system came on line

The entry I just read said in V2 of this data base there is NO way to manually fix update your LOTW confirmed contacts here.
    How am I supposed to get credit for the additional 20 or more countries which I have cards for and confirmation but no way to put them into this database. I have created multiple logs, single large logs, and last done LOTW imports to No avail.

please advise not to sync long past contacts with the data base
    Thanks
    John

2. WG7X

WG7X Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

John,

I've been thinking about this problem lately. Not the QRZ log but LOTW. If we have cards for deleted entities, or in my case, places that still exist, but are hard to get to, an ARRL card checker may be the answer.

Most areas have designated card checkers and these folks can look at your card, verify it's authenticity and add it to your ARRL DXCC total. I believe that once that happens, the contact can be added to LOTW. Once it's in LOTW, a simple upload should do the trick.

http://www.arrl.org/dxcc-field-checking

http://www.arrl.org/online-dxcc-application

Having been way too lazy, I have not gone thru any process to add DXCC entities to my current LOTW account. I have cards for some places that I have never seen a LOTW confirmation for just like your example. Maybe one of the two URL's will be helpful?

3. UA6JD

UA6JD Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Did you mean Father Moran 9N1MM - not 9M1MM ??

[​IMG]

DXCC award programm (i.e. LoTW) has nothing to do with QRZ logbook .

4. K3GO

Correct 9N1MM Father Moran -
    To the point of the other gentelman - I have done that years ago. The older cards are in the LOTW as confirmed. They were confirmed manually. They simply do not confirm in this data base when I upload LOTW into the here. I have no problem with Club log. It counts all my older contacts and newer ones correctly, I guess the problem here is something that the data base here is looking for on the record? I thought if LOTW was confirmed, it would be confirmed here. That is simply not the case.

Attached Files:

5. K3GO

I have tried loading earlier LOTW confirmations again today to no avail
    I cannot get alignment to my Club Log ot LOTW Sata which agree
    I give up the system here is simply impossible to work with

6. K3GO

I have since found 85 contacts accredited by aLOTW that count for my count of 336 countries out of 340. These older contacts we’re prior to LOTW creation and were credited to my dxcc count but cannot show up in an ADIF export due to how LOTWwas designed years ago. I am stuck with not getting these credited here in this data base because you can not edit you records scan your card or do anything. It is very frustration for Club log to work well and LOTW and QRZ NOT
    I don’t know who to ask or speak with on this problem V2 of the database is too i flexible and I may simply withdraw and ask for a refund since I can get no satisfaction on correcting the 85 QSL cards for the 1980 s
    John de K3

7. K3GO

Hi thanks for suggestion the problem is how to get LOTW reported QSL into QRZ with dxcc export adif award rather then raw LOTW export whic skip these older paper credited cards
    If the was someon to talk to I cane plain the problem quickly but it’s too long to type it out here
    Suffice to say does not work