I have been reading the Basic Antennas and

Discussion in 'Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors' started by KD9DOG, Jun 26, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

There are advantages to any kind of horizontally polarized antenna over almost any kind of vertical antenna, but those who don't have both and can easily switch from one to the other may not recognize this.

Having both here (and pretty much everywhere I ever lived) I've found a lot of the difference is in "receiving."

2. KD9DOG

KD9DOG Ham Member QRZ Page

3. KC3GHK

KC3GHK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Your getting confused with different antenna SYSTEMS! A true end fed HALF WAVE antenna which uses a high ratio transformer box also needs that box WAY up in the air so the coax hangs down and the shield of the coax acts as the counter poise or OTHER HALF of the antenna! If fed at or near ground level the coax can not be a good counter poise! At or near ground level feed would be a 9 to 1 unun with LOTS of counterpoise or radials and a much different length antenna wire! Check out WA7ARK QRZ page for lots of good info!

4. KD9DOG

I would like to buy a few FT-240-43 toride but try like I might I cannot find any thing it seems they are listed under a different calling. I should say when I google the FT I get a lot of choices and then you go to the site and there is no mention of the FT240-43

5. W9IQ

W9IQ Ham Member QRZ Page

The Fair-Rite part number for an FT240-43 is 5943003801. The best price I have found lately is from Newark Electronics. $5.97 each plus reasonable shipping ($9.99 flat rate for 6 toroids).

- Glenn W9IQ

6. KD9DOG

Thank you Glenn

7. W9IQ

W9IQ Ham Member QRZ Page

My pleasure. Good luck with the project.

- Glenn W9IQ

8. KD9DOG

Again thank you bought 10 start out small, but darn the sign up almost made me feel like I was applying for TOP SECRET CLEARANCE :D