I don't never win NUTTIN!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W7UUU, Dec 8, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. K0EED

K0EED XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Talk about winning nuttin. When I was a kid we had a farmer who farmed potatoes. After harvest we'd always go out in the field which was just north of our house and you could pick up all kinds of potatoes that the harvester missed. We had gunny sacks full of potatoes. Ok so fast forward to November of that same year I got all those spuds. My mom wanted to go to a church thanksgiving bingo where they were going to be giving away turkeys to the winners. My mom didn't want to go alone. I got volunteered to go. Well the games were 10 cents a card. I sat there and watched people win turkey after turkey. I kid you not what some of these people were going to do with all that turkey was beyond me they could have fed an army. Well they called a free game for everyone and guess what I won!!! But my prize wasn't a turkey, instead I won a sack of you guessed it...Potato's :confused: I wanted to throw those spuds at some of those people who were sitting there with multiple turkeys next to them!!

N0NB likes this.
  2. KI7HSB

KI7HSB Ham Member QRZ Page

Random chance never favors me and the couple times I have entered judged merit contests, it was clear that the judges were biased.

I did once win a prize on a "winner every half hour" thing on a TV marathon, but me and a college buddy had figured out a way to over stuff the ballot box. Technically, we didn't "break" and rules, but we played pretty fast and lose with the spirit of the rules. And no, I'm not proud of it...