I don't never win NUTTIN!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W7UUU, Dec 8, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. KA0USE

KA0USE Ham Member QRZ Page

you broke the karma.

KA2CZU likes this.
  2. K6CPO

K6CPO Ham Member QRZ Page

As soon as I can get a hard copy of the criteria from the club secretary, I'll e-mail you all the particulars.

W7UUU likes this.
  3. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

That will be very much appreciated!

Dave
    W7UUU

4. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I never won anything in my life until my first local radio club dinner/meeting after becoming relicensed after a 20 rear hiatus. I won an ICOM ID-31 HT. It was my first rig after receiving my new ticket. Sold it after I determined D-Star was not for me. One of the drawbacks of winning something is that it may be something you don't really need. It's quite common to see door prizes traded or sold.

Congrats on the BY-2. It's a great Iambic paddle. I would have traded my ID-31 for a BY-2!

5. K1OIK

K1OIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Moon forecast
    13 days Sunny with a high near 260F
    13 Days cool with a low near -280F
    Chance of precipitation 0%

WD4ELG and KP4SX like this.
  6. W3MMM

W3MMM Ham Member QRZ Page

My best win-win trade:

I sold a house on 1.5 acres to a woman moving from a townhouse. I was moving "downtown" to a very small lot. I owned a John Deere riding mower and didn't want/need to take it with me.

As we approached closing I asked for 3 days rent back after settlement, as my new house wouldn't be ready. She didn't need to move in right away, but her real estate agent advised that we could destroy the house, or not leave or whatever. It seemed no amount of money ($200/day? $300/day?) would convince her to let me stay.

So I offered her the riding mower. "Let me stay 3 days and this good-condition riding mower will be waiting in the garage when you move in."

Sealed the deal, and I didn't have to deal with trying to get rid of the mower! win-win!!

WD4ELG, KJ4VTH and WD0BCT like this.
  7. K1LKP

K1LKP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

THREE CHEERS FOR WINNING
    NUTTIN!

CONGRATS NEW.gif

8. WD0BCT

Don't you just love Real Estate agents?

I think the old "rent back after a sale" in order to facilitate the seller moving out is a thing of the past. We were unable to rent back for a week until our new place closed on our last move. It put us in a bind which the developer for our new place helped us out with to facilitate the sale. We will be moving next year and I dread the closing date dance that probably awaits us.

I also recall selling a John Deere Lawn and Garden tractor when we moved from a large place in upstate New York. Had no problem selling the Deere. Nothing runs like a Deere! We had folks bidding against each other for it.

9. W5TTW

W5TTW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Much prettier than my BY-1. Congrats!

10. WD0BCT

I picked up a BY-2 but it doesn't match my "modern tactical" black transceivers/accessories! Prettier doesn't always match. Maybe the next generation of enclosures will be chrome.