I don't never win NUTTIN!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W7UUU, Dec 8, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

UMM, what WAS the rest of the story?:confused::D

I think you BOTH went home real "wieners:D" and were both satisfied.:rolleyes: Good ending.

2. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Serendipitous.

W7UUU likes this.
  3. K1OIK

K1OIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I won this Weather Channel jacket for out predicting 250 meteorologists at a weather convention.
    bfwxjack.jpg

Attached Files:

• bfwx.jpg
      bfwx.jpg
      File size:
      171.2 KB
      Views:
    W2AI likes this.
  4. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm not so sure that is so difficult:(:rolleyes: or an insult, but congrats. I just wish LA (CA) (FiOS) stations would go back to the Weather Channel, vs. "Inaccuweather." Last week, their predicted high of local 82° broke a record of 92°, the next day their prediction of a high temp of 72° was also off by 10°. (And NO, it wasn't 62 ° in LA.:rolleyes:)

5. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I am 100% accurate in my weather predictions:

Light today, dark tonight, with a lot of air.

6. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I used up all my luck in one punch! I bought ONE ticket to the Six Shooters Christmas party and grand prize was a new Kenwood TH-D74!! Most of the other attendees bought $20 atleast; some over $200 worth! I didn't really need ANOTHER HT!! I already had a Baofeng!!

But in a lightning strike of Good luck, I won the thing. Fanciest HT I'll ever have! Battery already burned out and they want towards $75 for them up at HRO! Guess it will sit in the drawer awhile!

7. WB2LBV

WB2LBV Ham Member QRZ Page

8. KA2CZU

KA2CZU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I won a portable CD player at a business convention "back in the day" when they were a brand new thing. Had no need for it (didn't own any CDs) and traded
    it for some 70 cm HT (model long forgotten), specifically to use on our club repeater.

Haven't won anything else since.

9. KE9EX

KE9EX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

"Late night and early morning low clouds. Fog along the coast"

Same as everyday out there. I remember that from 40 years ago.

10. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

The Steve Martin movie "LA Story" plays up the "Los Angeles weather man" and the mundane day-in-day-out of predicting "sunny and 70" every day

Fun old movie - kind of odd - but that's Steve Martin :)

Dave
    W7UUU