I don't never win NUTTIN!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W7UUU, Dec 8, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Except for yesterday - at our club General Meeting... I put a few bucks in for the raffle without paying much attention to the actual prize - just "supporting the club with my donation" sort of thing.

When they drew the tickets at the end of the meeting, I was the winner!!....

.... of a Larsen 144/440 trunk lip-mount antenna - which I need like the Iliad needs yet another reference to Agamemnon

BUT - the guy who won the prize at last week's club Awards Banquet prize drawing but wasn't present that day to claim it, came to the meeting yesterday to finally claim his prize - a shiny "new in the box" Bencher BY-2 paddle.

He approached me as I claimed my Larsen antenna and I commented "well, it's a good quality antenna but I have absolutely no need for it - I don't do mobile VHF" to which he replied "and I have this good quality Morse Code paddle but I have absolutely no need for it - I don't do CW"...........

He went home a VERY happy camper with his new antenna - and I'm sure you can guess the "rest of the story"

:)

dit dit

Dave
    W7UUU

Bencher2.jpg Bencher1.jpg

G3ZPF, G3ZBP, W4RAV and 18 others like this.
  2. K8ERV

K8ERV Ham Member QRZ Page

Luvit when a plan comes together

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

3. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

you needed a good paddling! err, ummm

KD8DEY, WF7A and W7UUU like this.
  4. KU4X

KU4X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Good job, Dave!

I heard Eric, KL7AJ, is looking to buy some snow. I think you're the man for the job! :cool:

Regards,
    -Bruce

NL7W and W7UUU like this.
  5. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Good trade!:)

Reminds me of the city slicker salesman driving his Cadillac through an Indian reservation...picks up an Indian who was hitchhiking along the road and the Indian is very quiet but notices a paper bag on the seat near the salesman.

He asks, "What's in bag?"

Driver answers, "Oh, that's a bottle of good whiskey. I actually got it for my wife."

Indian thinks a while, and finally says, "Good trade."

K3EY, KA2CZU, KD8DEY and 2 others like this.
  6. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Neat! I won a prize in the Publishers Clearinghouse Sweepstakes - ten whole dollars! Also won a raffle back in grade school.

7. WA3GWK

WA3GWK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Life is good!

W7UUU likes this.
  8. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

PCHS publishes the chances of winning.

The top prize odds are 1 in over 2.6 billion.

Be happy for the ten bucks.:)

9. WQ4G

WQ4G Ham Member QRZ Page

The only thing I ever won was a Pie In The Face Game...

Dan WQ4G

10. N8FVJ

N8FVJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I won $50 on lotto ticket (hardly ever play) and won $60 on a raffle. That is all in 70 years.