ad: ProAudio-1

I created an easy way to support Amateur Radio Parity Act...What do you think?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KU0O, Jul 24, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WB2KSP

WB2KSP Ham Member QRZ Page

Well I guess the good thing is that they don't have to satisfy you. You can't honestly use those numbers to argue your point. That would asume that over 300 million people live in HOA's and don't want antennas anywhere near them. By the way, the 750,000 of us are part of that 315 million you mentioned. Your argument is falling apart Bryan. We'll see what happens when congress gets back in session after the new year and if this fails for whatever reason there's always next year. Hams aren't giving up on this. We're in it for the long haul.

2. W5WN

W5WN Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm trying to look at this objectively. There are maybe 3 or 4 of those opposed to the bill arguing on and on relentlessly against the ARPA on this and other forums. Those that are opposed to ARPA are having no effect on changing anyone's mind about the issues. Wouldn't all of that time be better utilized on the CAI bandwagon and websites standing behind and supporting what they say rather than antagonizing hams relentlessly on ham radio websites?

KJ4VTH likes this.
  3. KK4GGL

KK4GGL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It has been backed up many times.

4. KK4GGL

It won't trample anything any more than OTARD or the Freedom to Display the American Flag Act has. In fact it will benefit any of those MILLIONS that want to become a ham and operate from home. Every one of those millions could benefit.

N2EY likes this.
  5. KK4GGL

Yes, they have.

6. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

Yet again. In WA, there was a fellow who, in the recent past, ran for governor. After failing three times, he finally gave up...
    No. That would not nearly as effective as writing their congress critters.

It takes two to tango; the antagonism toward non supporters has at times been awful. Rather than attacking the message, the messengers have been attacked.

...without currently-valid evidence or opinion as to WHY.

7. WA7PRC

Again, HR1301/S1685 should be passed (or failed) based SOLELY on its merits (or lack thereof). Comparing it to anything else that has been passed is nothing more than a child's "I want mine because [name] got theirs".

8. WA7PRC

No. The wording in the proposed legislation states NOTHING about increased need for Amateur Radio operators being on the air.

9. W5WN

W5WN Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

That's what I cannot understand. Why aren't you (maybe you are) spending as much effort trying to get constituents to write their "congress critters"? Maybe you are, but there is no evidence or mention of it here on this or other ham radio forums.

It appears that the anti-ARPA side has been doing a good job of that.

There has been a plethora of evidence and opinion as to WHY. It is only an opinion that such has not been provided.

10. AD0AC

AD0AC Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm not sure that anything would qualify as "merit" for WA7PRC. He has literally wasted days of his life arguing the same point over and over again on this forum. He doesn't believe that amateur radio operators are worthy of any kind of protection from onerous land restrictions and oppressive private government regimes, simply because those homeowners shouldn't have moved into those areas to begin with. That's his opinion and nobody is going to change it.

I'd say, instead of continually pushing his negative posts to the top of the forum and getting greater hit counts for Google, let's focus on getting the legislation passed in spite of the haters. Write your Senators and Representatives, and let's get it done.

N5PZJ likes this.