I caught the eBay bidders sleeping!

Discussion in 'Straight Keys - CW Enthusiasts' started by K5DH, Dec 13, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: OK1UUad-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Left-3
  1. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

It depends on the user. In my hand it fell apart, but I'm not a delicate user. The Vibroplex is more resistant to me.;)

2. VA3VF

Bought an old JJ38 about a month ago. Shipping was twice the price paid for the key. Cleaned it up a bit, and replaced the ball bearings with new ones from eBay. I'm very happy with it.

I wanted to upload a picture, but how do I do it?

3. N2SUB

N2SUB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You picked a winner. I got mine in the 90s. I'm a straight key guy, but when I use a paddle, it's my Bencher. It was the standard back then, and they are going to have to pry mine out of my cold dead hands. :)

4. KG7WGX

KG7WGX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Use the edit window at the bottom of your screen to write your content. Position the cursor where you want to insert the picture. Then click on "Upload a File" and browse on your computer for the picture. (Note: High resolution pictures cause a lot of scrolling by forum users, so it is considered good form to send reasonably-sized pictures.)

You can insert it as a thumbnail or full-sized and you can insert more than one picture. Here's an example, showing the button to click -

Upload a file.jpg

When you are finished with your entire content, click on "Post Reply".

W7UUU likes this.
  5. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Excellent illustration!! :) With the footnote that this option is ONLY available during the 30-minute "edit window". After that time has lapsed, simply "reply to your own thread" and follow the steps KG7WGX has pointed out

Dave
    W7UUU

6. KG7WGX

KG7WGX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Sorry. I should have called it the "Reply window"...I was trying to describe the area where a user can write a reply to the thread.

7. VA3VF

Thank you!!!

I simply have no words to explain how I missed it. For some reason I kept focusing on the 'Image' and 'Insert' icons on the 'Reply' window toolbar.

The funny thing is that I had the exact same issue with another forum platform. Looks like I'm not a 'graphic' guy.

Here is the JJ38 I mentioned:
    JJ38_proc.jpg

8. KE0EYJ

KE0EYJ Ham Member QRZ Page

You did well.

Great key, and they always sell for a bit more than that all day long.

9. AD5HR

AD5HR Ham Member QRZ Page

W5BIB likes this.
  10. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

//AD5HR//That operat0r must have had some tough fingernails to "chew up" the
    knob like that, must have taken hundreds and hundreds of hours of operating.
    Jon

Really