i can't tell if my yaesu ft847 works

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by K5LOT, Oct 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Left-2
  1. WA9CWX

WA9CWX Ham Member QRZ Page

Most interesting thread.

Tommy, the 847 is a nice radio. It will serve you well as a tech, and when you get an HF license.
    It is also a great Short Wave AND BC band receiver.

AES WILL repair a non functioning radio. I have been buying from them since 1974, on a regular basis, they do excellent service.

If your 847 is NEW, it has been sitting around a while, they were discontinued about a year or so ago.
    Sit down with an Elmer, or go over the manual carefully. It is a well written and complete manual. If your injuries prevent you from easily reading/seeing the smaller print or diagrams and pictures, have your wife help.
    The 847 is a bit complex, but as I said it IS a very nice all-function radio.
    I purchased mine for a dear friend who died shortly (one month) later, his son gave the radio back to me. We had one last QSO on that rig. It keeps his memory alive for me to see the rig, even though I seldom use it.
    Enjoy your new hobby, and I wish you the best.

Frank

2. KA9VQF

KA9VQF Ham Member QRZ Page

So now, have you managed to get any signals on your rig yet?

3. K5LOT

K5LOT Ham Member QRZ Page

BEEN RECIEVEING A LITTLE HURRICANE TRAFFIC FROM FLORIDA WITH NEW HAMPSHIR IN THE MORNING ON 14.300 BUT NOTHING ELSE I TRY TO TRANS MIT A LITTLE BUT EVERY TIME I DO IT TURNS A TOUCH LAMP IN MY ENTERTAINMENT CENTER ON LIKE I HAVE A GHOST HERE 14.300 IS THE ONLY THING I CAN FIND ACTIVE FOR A WHILE CAN'T GET NOAA OR WWVB OR WWV EVEN

4. VA2GK

VA2GK Ham Member QRZ Page

Please, tommy, once again: Disengage you caps lock.

5. KC0W

KC0W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Sir,

Are you transmitting on the HF portions of the band? Or are you transmitting on VHF/UHF?

Tom kc├św

6. KG6UGS

KG6UGS Ham Member QRZ Page

I found it ok, he is ok

7. W0LPQ

W0LPQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Tom is KE5GFN if that causes a problem with people .. Yes he is a Tech ... he has a pretty severe injury. Caps lock may bother some, take into account getting shot ... and ignore the caps lock.

Bill, W0LPQ

8. K5LOT

HEY FOLKS COULD YOU JUST EMAIL ME AT TSHAW9@HOUSTON.RR.COM I HAVE A HARD TIME FINDING THE PRIVATE MESSAGES THANKS MY NEW WIFE IS CALLING ME TO ROLL TO DINNER BBS

9. W6TMI

W6TMI Ham Member QRZ Page

I wish I would have seen this thread earlier, I have the same setup...

Can't believe the initial hostility, when the guy SAID he was just trying to listen.. A'well apolgizes were made.. that is good, hopefully lessons were learned.

I've used that ap10 antenna to good effect putting it outside, you can get clever with that little clamp thingie, I attached mine to a pole I could shove up and hook it on the rain gutter when I wanted to operate. Did require some drilling and hose clamps. Works well on 6 meter & 2 meter, which is what your license will cover. Your license also covers 70cm, which your radio is capable of.
    The 6 meter connector is switchable via the menu to be it's own, or coupled with the "hf" connector.
    If you are working 2 meters, that has it's own connector, so if you are using the ap10, you will have to switch it to that connector.

Anyway, my 2 cents, Given I have the same setup, feel free to email. My email addy is good from the qrz lookup.

10. K5LOT

thank you i wish folks would use my email addie of tshaw18@houston.rr.com seems like some of the news group flamers are in here too i ain't going to to much keying up untill i get a real base station antenna

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.