I BOUGHT A MINI DUAL BANDER FROM CHINNA ON EEBAY

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Equipment Reviews' started by W8EMR, Jul 24, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. IK1PLD

IK1PLD Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello,
    Here is the measured Harmonic Distortion of a KT-8900 QYT.
    It's a short video, divided into 2 parts:
    VHF:
    UHF:

73s Ale, IK1PLD

2. K6LPM

K6LPM Ham Member QRZ Page

I havent seen the video, does anyone have a brief synopsis?
    Bottomline? Good, fair, bad? Compared to the big 3? Questions, questions, questions, I know I should wstch but I am at work and it took me four sessions just to write this response.
    Anyways, cheap Chinese Radios as this thread has seemed to stray from specific Chinese Radio.... I obtained a
    TYT 8900 quad band fm
    I have been very impressed.

3. G3YRO

G3YRO Ham Member QRZ Page

I wonder why so many people seem to only consider buying rigs brand new?!

These days you can get so many good secondhand rigs online SO much cheaper, and often in mint condition.

Roger G3YRO

KG5JQH likes this.
  4. K6LPM

K6LPM Ham Member QRZ Page

I actually purchased my cheap chinese radio secondhand off of Ebay.
    Yes, I agree with you, many great bargains for pre-owned modern solid state rigs. Especially if you can manage a fixer upper project. (old vintage tube gear not so inexpensive)
    There is an affordable way for most anyone to get on the air with minimal effort and ease these days. No longer does the student or younger ham just starting out have to be QRP Rockbound and salvaged electronics to homebrew a minimalistic station,,,, But then again there was something magical and educational to such a golden time!
    Anyways you can ham in luxury pretty affordably these days with a 24-7 hamfest going on online and these inexpensive wonder radio imports.