ad: cq2k-1

I BOUGHT A MINI DUAL BANDER FROM CHINNA ON EEBAY

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Equipment Reviews' started by W8EMR, Jul 24, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. KX4OM

KX4OM Ham Member QRZ Page

It's not just the manual that is confusing. The ad on Amazon (10-18-2015) for this rig lists these interesting features:

Remote stun,Remote Kill

2. W8AAZ

W8AAZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I just saw in QST that some of the Chinese handhelds are off spec with substantial harmonic emissions. I hope the bigger rigs are better as if a 5 watt radio is putting out garbage in the radio spectrum, imagine what a higher power radio does?

3. KE0EYJ

KE0EYJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I had to get my Baofeng tested here in Korea. They used a very nice spectrum analyzer, and spent a good ten minutes on testing it. It passed without any issues, other than being off frequency a very tiny, tiny amount on transmit.

4. W8EMR

W8EMR Ham Member QRZ Page

i have had this radio sometime now and it has held-up very well,i now use the mini duall-bander for a solar power emergency radio setup at my home QTH,it uses lower power due to its output so it makes a good solar radio for me and it has a battery meter on the radio display screen and voltage readout when powering on.

5. AA9SD

AA9SD Ham Member QRZ Page

Remote stun- send a DTMF code that you have defined as the Remote Stun code and the transmit capability shuts off, it can receive but not transmit.

Remote kill- send the Remote Kill DTMF code and the radio stops functioning, both transmit and receive.

You have to send a Turn On code to return the radio to normal operation. Could be useful when lending your car to a non-ham and you don't want them transmitting or even using the radio.

6. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

Buy a TM-281A from HRO SDG!! That way U can be assured it will be PRECISIONLY PROFESSIONALLY Packed by me!!!

7. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

Does this
    KT8900 really receive 76-108 MHz or was it tuned to two meters and receiving images of FMBC stations ??

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  8. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

If it REALLY is designed to receive 76- 108 MHz,
    I just will say, SURE, those FMBC transmitters have up to 100,000 W ERP
    and most wide area ham repeaters only run a max of around 400 W ERP !

9. W7CJD

W7CJD Ham Member QRZ Page

I had a Baofeng and I have a Wouxon.

Both have FM radio.

This seems to be how their HT's are marketed.

I would call it a tri-bander however.

10. MW6ZAN

MW6ZAN Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi guys i have three china specials wouxon 4 meter handy, and a baofeng b580t duel bander handy, also got a quansheng tg 007 duel bander, build quality seems to be aok but not as good as my yeasu ft60e but for the price what can one expect. Im also thinking of a mobile rig to replace my single band yeasu ft1900 looking at a duel bander possibly a china rig as its going to be left in my 4x4 overnight 73-•-