I BOUGHT A MINI DUAL BANDER FROM CHINNA ON EEBAY

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Equipment Reviews' started by W8EMR, Jul 24, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. W8EMR

W8EMR Ham Member QRZ Page

i bought a kt8900 dual band mini mobile to try-out,says it will do 20- 25watts output,i should be able to see if they work when i get it it in a few days..does anyone know if those radios work halfway decent?i understand they are a bite to program but i should have no problems after watching the videos on youtube.what are your thoughts on this mini mobile rig from over seas?i cant wait to get mine on the air,73'S

2. W8EMR

this model has a vfo knob and a volume knob.kt8900 mini dualbader

3. W8EMR

[​IMG] THIS IS A GREAT RIG IF YOU DON'T MIND THE PROGRAMMING .
    DONT EXPECT HIGH QUALITY LIKE KNWD OR YASU .

4. KU3X

KU3X Ham Member QRZ Page

For now the only thing I can comment on is the so called manual.
    "A monkey with a banana could have written a better manaul !" The translation is terrible !
    Barry

5. W8EMR

i just got it wow the built in fm radio is 109 to 76 mghz and it works awesome better than the ham radio side of it,the radio did perform well on two meters too,im happy with it so far.

6. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

109 to 76 mghz? Specs say Frequency Range: VHF: 136~174MHz; 245~245.9875MHz(220~260MHz) ;UHF: 400~480MHz

Found it for sale on Amazon for $89 with single 1-star review said you can get another for brand only $99. :eek:

7. KG7FIU

KG7FIU Ham Member QRZ Page

>> VHF: 136~174MHz; 245~245.9875MHz(220~260MHz) ;UHF: 400~480MHz

If those specs are accurate, then it is a tri-band, not dual-band.

8. NC5P

NC5P Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks pretty small, I wouldn't run it at full power unless you put a fan on it. I assume it's an analog radio, probably is for that price. It looks like you have to hack the code plug to make it transmit on the 220 ham band. Do you know for sure if it will do 5kHz deviation as opposed to 2.5? You may have to hack the code plug for that as well.

9. W8EMR

yea ,took a while to program even with software and cable, however it did work,i had to get out a calculator to program it,i may lend it out to a friend of mine who is also a ham ,i got a tm281 now .............73

10. W8EMR

it seems to me this would be a good choice for a backpack radio,or to set up a base camp station due to its small size,this model will work with kenwood modualr mic's if better audio is desired ,w8emr