I Am Not Making This Up

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N2EY, Jan 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-assoc
  1. KF0G

KF0G Ham Member QRZ Page

We now return you to your regularly scheduled HOA programming. Sorry for the digression.

2. W4POT

W4POT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

California Say no more.

WD4IGX and KF0G like this.
  3. WB0MPB

WB0MPB Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi Glen
    I have heard this before. It was an interview on the radio so I could not ask this question. It is a serious question. I am not knocking what you said or anything. But what does that mean when you say "a house sold more than the asking price"?

When I hear that my mind thinks, it is advertised for say $90,000 but the buyer says I like it so much I will give you $100,000 for it. That is just what goes through my little brain. So what example can you give me to make me understand what that means?

Thanks, Glen
    John WB0MPB

4. WB0MPB

WB0MPB Subscriber QRZ Page

Like N2SUB said, the first thing I thought of was declare your garage as a sanctuary garage and people can live in there with out fear of being taken away. Hey it works for several states. ;)

John, WB0MPB

KF0G likes this.
  5. K2HAT

K2HAT QRZ Volunteer Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Yes that is exactly what it means. In many areas where the schools are good locally the houses are priced much higher,
    and often the asking prices will be higher than such as my area; and often there will be a bidding war.

Look at Zillow.com for real world examples.

KF0G likes this.
  6. K9STH

K9STH Ham Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

What happens is that 2, or more, people get into a "bidding war" and drive up the price over what was asked. Of course, this doesn't happen all the time. But, when there are more buyers than there are houses available, to get the house that they want, some people are willing to pay more than the asking price to be able to buy the house.

Especially here on the north side of Dallas, with major companies moving from, especially, California and to a lesser number from New York and other east coast locations, single family housing is at a premium. There have literally been several thousand apartments built within about a mile of my house and those are filling almost as soon as they are being built. The result is that virtually every week when my wife, and I, either go grocery shopping or out to eat, we see more apartment buildings "going up" on the vacant property along the George Bush Turnpike (that is about a mile north of my house).

In many situations, those being transferred have sold, at high prices especially, again, in California, and have cash to either purchase outright or, at least, to put down a large down-payment, for an even larger house than what they lived in while in the other state. As such, they are willing to pay out more for a good house and, if they have to, are willing to "bid" for the property that they really want.

Glen, K9STH

K2HAT, WB0MPB and KF0G like this.
  7. W6UV

W6UV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

What it means is that you put it on the market for $90,000 (change that to $900,000 and it'll be more in line with California prices) and you immediately get 5-10 bids, all above $90,000 because the bidders know others are bidding and know they won't be the high bidder with a measly $90,000 bid.

KF0G likes this.
  8. K4PP

K4PP Ham Member QRZ Page

The sign they got says "Garage doors to be opened M-F 8AM to 4PM". They must be sending someone around to audit the opening, not leave it open.

9. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Lots of things you can do if you know how to work a paint brush....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

N7ANN likes this.
  10. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

upload_2018-1-9_17-52-28.png

... I can do that even without a paintbrush. ;)

K2HAT likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.