I Am Not Making This Up

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N2EY, Jan 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N2EY

N2EY Ham Member QRZ Page

W2AI, KC3BZJ and WU8Y like this.
  2. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Unbelievable. Absolutely nuts.

Dave
    W7UUU

KD8EDC, N7ANN, N4FZ and 3 others like this.
  3. WF4W

WF4W Ham Member QRZ Page

this is one definitely for the courts...

KD8EDC and K9ASE like this.
  4. W6UV

W6UV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Ridiculous! So people who work have to leave their garage doors open when they're not home? I wonder what insurance companies will think of this idea?

BTW, what does this have to do with ham radio?

KD8EDC, WZ7U and N8SAN like this.
  5. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It's why we need less HOAs. None at all would be a good goal.:)

KD8EDC, N4FZ, KF5RRF and 9 others like this.
  6. WF4W

WF4W Ham Member QRZ Page

no, thanks. I'll take an HOA any day over a non-hoa. Have you SEEN how people treat their properties?

N0YPD and W4IOA like this.
  7. KA2CZU

KA2CZU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

8. N8SAN

N8SAN Ham Member QRZ Page

THEIR properties. Just saying. :rolleyes:
    They pay the taxes, the mortgage. Whatever. You're not interfering with my life or my inalienable rights; knock yourself out.

Buy into a neighborhood that typically costs more and those people typically take care of their properties regardless of whether or not they pay a fee to live there.

My dad's old neighborhood no HOA but it was on a lake. (costs more) The neighborhood was pretty much flawless.

KD8EDC, VE3OIJ, K3ALE and 2 others like this.
  9. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

It depends on who you fear the most. If a municipality did this, they would be sued by the residents, and the residents would likely prevail. If it's an HOA, you may have to go through arbitration first (or exclusively). Given the article's reference to an administrative hearing, it's likely this was just such a subdivision.

This is obviously the type of HOA that can make new rules after you move in. Not all HOAs are like that. Some of them have a fixed rule set that everybody knows up front, and they have no ability to make more rules. We have many of the latter around here. The "rules" are the covenant restrictions, and they are in black and white for anybody to read before they buy a house in such a neighborhood.

If you spend six or seven figures on a house that has a CC&R attached giving rule-making powers to an HOA, your main problem is not the HOA...

VE3OIJ and WA7PRC like this.
  10. WF4W

WF4W Ham Member QRZ Page

my assumption (incorrect) is that the HOA in question was the 'normal' entity where changes like this must be done by vote of HOA members.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.