I am bored

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KC9FVR, Jun 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. W5ALT

W5ALT Ham Member QRZ Page

Winston, don't worry about all the snide remarks. That means you're just like anyone else here. As far as being bored, well I remember being 11 years old and bored to death. Sure wish I could say that now at times! Enjoy your boredom while you can! [​IMG]

Truthfully, I've never been bored with ham radio, although I have been bored with QRZ at times.  [​IMG]

2. KA9VQF

KA9VQF Ham Member QRZ Page

Ain't ya got cable??

3. NZ3M

NZ3M XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I wish I was bored. Someday I would like to look around and say "wow, I have nothing to do". That would be great, maybe I could hire someone for a while just so I can be bored.

Dave

4. K6UEY

K6UEY Ham Member QRZ Page

AB3BK,
    I also have given thought to hiring some one but,then the problem comes up I enjoy working on the tasks and projects that keeps me busy, and to hire some one and watch them enjoy my task's and pay them for doing it does not set too well,the solution I came to was to hire some one to be BORED for me while I enjoy the projects and tasks and stay busy. I really don't see any other way to work BORED into my schedule.  [​IMG]

5. AF2CW

AF2CW Ham Member QRZ Page

Orv, how much are you willing to pay for someone to be
    bored for you??? Do you offer relocation pay too??  [​IMG]

6. NZ3M

NZ3M XML Subscriber QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (K6UEY @ June 09 2004,05:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">AB3BK,
    I also have given thought to hiring some one but,then the problem comes up I enjoy working on the tasks and projects that keeps me busy, and to hire some one and watch them enjoy my task's and pay them for doing it does not set too well,the solution I came to was to hire some one to be BORED for me while I enjoy the projects and tasks and stay busy. I really don't see any other way to work BORED into my schedule. [​IMG][/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I suppose you are right. Being bored wouldn't be too much fun. Although, I would like to look around this house someday and say, &quot;well, I'm all done&quot;. [​IMG]

Dave

7. K4JSR

K4JSR Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey short block, you say you're bored? Just hang around
    here and some of the &quot;old cranks&quot; will stroke you! [​IMG]
    Be careful though. You may wind up getting ported and
    relieved and your head may get cc'ed, too!

Be careful about what you wish for around here. You may get exactly what you ask for! [​IMG] [​IMG]

73, Cal K4JSR

8. K6UEY

AB3BK,
    Yes Dave,for years I had the same idea,it would be nice to pour a refreshing  glass of wine and light up a good cigar lean back in the big comfy chair,and just survey the room and savour all the projects sitting there in Grandeur and completion.But after a little reality check, maybe a sip or two of the Red Goddess Nectar and a unhealthy puff on the cigar,I would recall a modification to one of the projects that was never installed. Or and additional project that would result from the consolidation of prior projects,and variations that did not get implemented due to time restraints.
    The bottom line the clock would reset and begin another count down,this time counting in double time,so the secret as I see it ,there is a reason for the pace and the manner in which I precipitate the completion of each project,the reason may be one I do not fully understand,but anguish not as there are many things I have yet to understand. [​IMG]

There is a great difference between knowing a thing and undserstanding it .
    You can know a lot about something and not really understand it.    Charles F. Kettering

9. WF7I

WF7I Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (K6UEY @ June 10 2004,23:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But after a little reality check, maybe a sip or two of the Red Goddess Nectar and a unhealthy puff on the cigar,I would recall a modification to one of the projects that was never installed.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Now there's a quotable quote! Lot's of references to alcoholic beverages on QRZ these days! Are we all taking to the bottle because things are so dismal? [​IMG]

10. K6UEY

WF7I,
    Del are you by chance a democrat? Just the way you grab a quote out of context,then expound on it as it were some anti-social remark would lead one to that suspicion.
    The area of Northern California is famous for some of it's world class Blue Ribbon wines that even out class some of the French wines.To sit back and relax and enjoy a glass of classic wine is not what I would call climbing into the bottle because of dismal conditions. It is true I do not know what conditions you are under but if climbing into an alcoholic bottle is your remedy to solve dismal conditions I would seriously seek professional help.
     [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.