Huston We Have A Problem! - SuitSat is Dead

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KC0RSW, Feb 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-BCInc
  1. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Is this a planetary system with two suns?

Shadow on the wrong side....

A fact.

2. W6EM

W6EM Ham Member QRZ Page

Just ARRRfull, Charlie. Nice reply comments by the way.

Perhaps our fractalocious buddy can devise an E-S-E (Earth-Suit-Earth) experiment before its too late.

I think you posted two pictures, if my monitor is working properly. Therefore, it matters not which side the shadow's on.

3. PE1RDW

PE1RDW Ham Member QRZ Page

4. W6EM

W6EM Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for posting the link.  It says all that need be said.

A success, as it should have been, except for the low signal level.

Lee
    W6EM

5. kc8kod

kc8kod Ham Member QRZ Page

I knew prior to posting that you did not write that post just to let you know...

6. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

They sent an astronaut with a flashlight along with the empty suit. LOL!

7. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Ahhh...

Fred Sanford no doubt;-)

8. kc8kod

kc8kod Ham Member QRZ Page

I feel that it is very difficult to stay on topic with this thread, being that it states something that we all know to not be fact. Many here at QRZ like to get news out as soon as possible so others know significant events concerning Ham Radio are occurring, and there is bound to eventually be mistakes. After SuitSat's launch, many did believe that it was not functioning. Perhaps a few of us jumped to the conclusion that it died before we realized that it was simply not transmitting to it's full potential.

With that said- I would, like many others, like to see the tone and direction of this very long conversation aim toward a subject that really matters to us. What could be done different next time? What goals did we achieve in this project? What goals did we not achieve? What goals can we set forth for the next SuitSat project? How can we do better? Some of us in this thread have already discussed these matters however as I said before, it is difficult to stay on topic when the topic states something that we know simply did not happen at the time. Perhaps we can discuss what we learned, and what we can do better next time.

9. WB1WMB

WB1WMB Ham Member QRZ Page

Funny, when I look into a mirror I see a reflection of reality, you see failure.

By the way, OM, no matter how you say it SuitSat was not a failure although it did fail to live up to some back seat 3rd party ideas of what they thought it should do.

10. WB1WMB

WB1WMB Ham Member QRZ Page

Let's do it again!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.