ad: MyersEng-1

Humanitarian Aid for Ukraine

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KF7WIS, Mar 3, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KF7WIS

KF7WIS QRZ CEO QRZ HQ Staff Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

As we watch the unfolding situation in Ukraine, we at QRZ have been searching for ways to help. We are horrified by actions that directly harm the Ukrainian people and want to be of service in any way possible. The New York Times published a list this morning of four organizations that have been offering aid in Ukraine for many years and who are best situated to meet humanitarian needs on the ground. The first of those organizations is Direct Relief.
    "Direct Relief has supplied Ukraine with $26 million in medical aid over the past six months. Last weekend, the Ukrainian Ministry of Health sent Direct Relief a list of needed medical supplies, which the group is working to acquire and deliver." They spend no money on advertising and are top-ranked by Charity Navigator, the nonprofit transparency site.
    Another organization of which I have direct knowledge and which is listed by The New York Times in their article, is Save The Children. The passage below is from their website.
    "Save the Children is concerned for children caught in the middle of armed conflict, forced from their homes in freezing temperatures, and exposed to injury, hunger and cold. Your donation to Save the Children’s Ukraine Crisis Relief Fund can help provide children and families with immediate aid, such as food, water, hygiene kits, psychosocial support and cash assistance. Together, we can protect children in crisis.
    I hope that this information is helpful to some of you, as it was to me.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2022
    UR4USI, W9JEF, NL7W and 239 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.