Huggins Did It!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KX4Z, Jul 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

He didn't ask me to write it. He asked you. It's yours to do.

Write it as a technical article - stop thinking about it as a historical docu-drama.

K0IDT likes this.
  2. KX4Z

KX4Z Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks

3. KX4Z

KX4Z Ham Member QRZ Page

Please re-read it, I asked YOU to write it since you are explaining how much better it should have been done; it’s pretty obvious you could do it better That is not a jab, it is a sincere encouragement!

I wrote the software that my opponents demanded. I believe I could write Ron‘s request in ways that would make a lot of sense, because I made even further requests from the FCC if you noticed.

So write it up!

4. KX4Z

KX4Z Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey, I don’t want you to feel left out!

It’s pretty obvious you could do a better job writing it also, I’m sure you understand all the points, you are pretty smart guy, so give a hand at it also and write us up what it is you thank should’ve been written !

This isn’t that tough and you guys may be far better writers than me, so let’s see your work!

5. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, I could write it. But that wasn’t the point. The point was for YOU to explain it, so that others would understand YOUR position. That’s what the offer was; that’s what you agreed to do; that’s what you failed to do.

It’s a moot point now anyway. Clearly you can not or will not write it. Nor would I expect someone else to write about what YOUR position is, unless they agreed with it 100%... and they had the same offer and opportunity you did, that only you and Ron chose to respond to.

So be it. I gave you all my word, I kept it, and that’s that. I’m not planning on extending the offer again. No reason to do so.

I just wanted to let you know that you failed. I’m truly sorry if you are having a problem understanding or accepting that, but that’s the bottom line.

Time to move along. Nothing more to say here.

6. DL6MAA

DL6MAA Ham Member QRZ Page

He even cannot really explain what kind of information he wanted. This discussion is frustrating in my opinion. We are not in the Kindergarten here.

KX4Z likes this.
  7. KX4Z

KX4Z Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, that’s the way it goes. Sunshine is the worlds best disinfectant.

DL6MAA likes this.
  8. KX4Z

KX4Z Ham Member QRZ Page

I’ve politely asked N8OHU once again to substantiate his assertion that FLDiGI ARQ/compressed mode can be monitored, and I still can’t get him to respond.

I don’t think it can be done without doing software modification similar to what I had to do

So pretty soon, that will become more information to disclose, making the case ever stronger .....and I’ll be moving on to D-RATS.

Objective studies here are pretty scarce except in one particular place.......

The rest of it are just bold faced assertions.... easily made by anyone.

9. N8OHU

N8OHU Ham Member QRZ Page

Gordon, you're still making the assumption that there is significant use of ARQ within the fldigi user base; even in OHDEN/Ohio ARES, we DO NOT use it, since the mode we use in fldigi does not work with it. I'll bet if you actually asked on one or more of the fldigi email reflectors you would find out exactly how much use there is of it.

10. DL6MAA

DL6MAA Ham Member QRZ Page

I am "disingenuous" and you simply "failed"...

Very contructive criticism.

Peter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.