Huggins Did It!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KX4Z, Jul 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. DL6MAA

DL6MAA Ham Member QRZ Page

I also want to emphasize again that I do not want to get involved in political affairs - the US amateurs have to solve all this on their own.
    I just want to make clear that PACTOR is open language and that even LZHUF, if you make a little effort, can easily be read "on the fly".
    This really has nothing to do with "encryption" at all. And that should finally be accepted even by the people who have claimed the opposite.
    Actually, I expect an apology for the offensive utterances that I had to endure.

73 de Peter

KX4Z likes this.
  2. KX4Z

KX4Z Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you for your comment.

The paper presents technical proof that the requests for a reading system, by those making claims against WINLINK, were met. There should now be wild celebration that their requests were met! Many should be using the long-requested solution with great joy now.

The existence of the simple software itself, proves the encryption claims were false ( which the ARRL agrees, but took no action to create software for those demanding it ).

The analysis of other similar systems demonstrates that even the false standard was Applied with prejudice.

The filing asks for (1) retractions, and (2) cooperation, instead of adversity.

Each person will have to analyze for themselves whether they think the paper’s findings are correct or not.

DL6MAA likes this.
  3. KX4Z

KX4Z Ham Member QRZ Page

I am quite willing to be “embarrassed” in the defense of good men who were accused falsely, and with bias, for so long.

If it takes my embarrassment for people to learn the truth, so be it! I will consider that a useful sacrifice of my time and effort.

DL6MAA likes this.
  4. KX4Z

KX4Z Ham Member QRZ Page

So that there will be full openness, I am now starting to write my various friends and asking them

" to speak up in defense of the Winlink development team, for whom I have now provided 86 pages of proof, that not only were they falsely accused of encryption, but it was even done with prejudice. (The same false standard, when applied to another popular system, yields the same "apparently un-monitorable" compressed files.)

Now that the more reasonable demands of the accusers have been satisfied, I have called for RETRACTIONS and for COOPERATION instead of what has been happening. The ARRL has come out strongly that this was a false accusation (although I may not agree with their other points).

I'd like to ask you to review this issue, and then take action to stand up for good men, falsely accused for 19 years. See: https://ecfsapi.fcc.gov/file/109191626613689/InconvenientTruths.pdf

Thanks!

Gordon Gibby KX4Z"

DL6MAA likes this.
  5. WB6CXC

WB6CXC Ham Member QRZ Page

When and where will you be doing this? I would like to see it as well. Thanks!

6. DL6MAA

DL6MAA Ham Member QRZ Page

Again and again, the question arises as to what the actual goal should be:

Tranparency?

Or a romantic / philosophical view of amateur radio: Everything has to be "open", including
    source code. Then many commercial would withdraw from amateur radio, I'm sure.

K7JEM likes this.
  7. K0IDT

K0IDT Ham Member QRZ Page

8. K0IDT

K0IDT Ham Member QRZ Page

Negotiation from a starting point (RM-11831)?

9. KX4Z

KX4Z Ham Member QRZ Page

I believe readers of my writings will see clearly, through direct quotes, what was falsely asserted, and what has been demonstrably proven, through many many hours of hard work instead of jawboning.... The false claims, the bias, the prejudice can be evaluated by anyone who can read. The ARRL made extremely strong points. No one else on the planet found a way to make WINLINK PACTOR readable (except Huggins, thru brute force cut & paste) until I learned how to read the USB of a publicly available piece of hardware on August 20, and 5 days later I could read PACTOR WINLINK. That should have been cause for delirious joy in one particular camp. Why wasn't it?????? With minor adjustments, all other WINLINK modes could be read

The same cannot be said yet, for FLDGI/FLMSG; for D-RATS; for FBB, if I am not mistaken. ( haven't fixed those yet)

Certain persons appear to have overlooked those. I simply pointed those facts out. The readers will have to judge what it means when people attack using false criteria, applied to only ONE of a group of systems.

The very first lines of my writings have distinguished very clearly between what RM-11831 tackled, versus what certain additional persons asserted. I provided direct quotes for each person. I believe it will be difficult to call a "direct quote" to be a "personal attack." (Grin!)

I think I provided sufficient footnotes for documentation!!!

It is time to acknolwedge the truth, and move on. Some political candidates can never acknowledge their own responsibilities for their poor outcomes. That only delays everyone from moving forward.

Acknowledging the truth is the first part of making things right. It s only a matter of time, don't you think?

Got to go back to the conference!!!! These peole are true saints. (Samaritan's Purse medical missionaries)

Gordon

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  10. KX4Z

KX4Z Ham Member QRZ Page

FAD670DD-0E50-49FE-8AD4-A15BDDCAC669.jpeg Too busy with conference to respond any better than the above. Maybe later!

Thanks—

Gordon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.