Huggins Did It!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KX4Z, Jul 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. KX4Z

KX4Z Ham Member QRZ Page

hi folks --- W7UUU explained in ways that got thru my dense noggin what he was concerned about. And indeed I have probably been in the WRONG at times.

If you feel that I have called you names, or "put you down" or otherwise belittled you --- that is not (or at least SHOULD NOT) have been my goal at all, and i'd appreciate it if you were kind enough to send me a PM (I'm starting to learn how that system works) and just briefly explain where you think I offended you, and I'll gladly accept your input and give you a sincere apology right there.

I am unfortunately somewhat of a "black and white" person with a tendency to be a bit judgemental. That serves me well in keeping people ALIVE in the operating room with rather overbearing surgeons to deal with often. (You think I'm bad...you ain't seen nuthin') I've been blessed to work with some of the finest surgeons in liver transplantation in the world, and I have also had the experience of working with surgeons who were, after some time, encouraged to "find a different institution" and we all breathed a sigh of relief when they left. We all make mistakes, but the surgeons with whom I've had the best relationships were the ones where either one of us could lean across the drapes and say, "Gee, I just got us in trouble by doing such-and-such and I need some help!" And we have pulled a lot of people out of some pretty bad spots over the years.....and of course, we all have lost a few trauma victims and such. So i tend to move quick because life depends on it. I once had a patient die right in front of me, while we were going over their name and proposed invasive radiology procedure --- before any monitor or anything was even applied, not a single drug given. I noticed she quit responding during the brief procedure review, and did the traditional "Annie Annie are you OK?" And "annie" didn't respond She had gone into ventricular fibrillation from pure FRIGHT at the procedure and she had an underlying condition known as Long QT syndrome which had not been revealed to us. Within 90 seconds (the machine was right outside the door of that particular radiology suite) we had shocked her and brought her back to life. Of course we cancelled the procedure! The ability to make decisions about life and death issues and be firm about at least SOME course of action has served me well in that 30+ year service, but might not be the proper attire for this more congenial and definitely lower stress environment

So if I have offended you --- please PM me and lets get it straightened out.

gordon gibby

W7UUU likes this.
  2. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

:) Nice reply Gordon. Thanks for the understanding - it's appreciated :)

Dave
    W7UUU

DL6MAA likes this.
  3. KX4Z

KX4Z Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi folks (again, sorry!) On another matter. I'm presently working on my first draft of what hopefully will be my last disclosure to the FCC about the work that I've done to create the very sofware that Rappaport, Ria, Ron and many others request/demanded --- and actually i *agreed* with them, which is part of why I put a month of my life into building it when no one else would. That was huge work for me by the way.

So there have been some astonishing assertions here and there....which some poeople might regret now. We are talking about the lives and fortunes of employees in a foreign nation who just have families and children to support, and feel rather offended by some of the statements made here. I will be recouunting many of those statements as honestly as i can --- quotes, references --- and avoiding editorial content on them, but the contrasts are STARK, my friends.

You need to know that I succeeded WILDLY at what Ron, Rappaport, Ria and me, too, wanted --- I can now read WINLINK pactor messages with relative EASE from a decent signal from N5TW -- nine HUNDRED miles away. I disocved that if you give me a decent signal.....i can read it --- of course if I miss a packet, I lose it.....

But then I discovered something further. By chance, in picking through my data [hours and hours went into doing this exactly the way Ron and Ted would want it done if I were in their shoes ] -- I found fairly SOLID evidence that my long-ago proposed DIVERSITY RECEIVER system **WOUDL WORK** In fact, i believe it would have allowed me to perfectly capture the George Washington Farewell Address in a test I ran, which is 36 THOUSAND characters. I was stunned by these findings, which were way way better than I expected.

So in order to be fair to the people who have been accused of so many things, I have a zillion footnotes of things that people demanded, or asserted, or accused....and they are likely to regret some of those things now that the real outcome is known.

I CAN SEND OUT THE DRAFT TO ANYONE WHO WANTS TO READ IT.

4. KX4Z

KX4Z Ham Member QRZ Page

Oop.... accidentally hit the send button I guess....

but I can send anyone who wishes, a DRAFT of this document --- with all the gory details of all the experiments that were required to prove what really worked....it is already almost 60 pages long and over 30 footnotes and I have quite a bit more to write.....

But you might want to read it --- and correct anything you feel i have written incorrectly about your views --- you might want to RETRACT something or show me how it could be seen in a different light --- and that would be gladly accpeted.

You might want to let certain other people KNOW about this offer.....

I have been trying (in my own poor way) to push these things toward some consensus conclusion.....and that has been difficultl, at times with people on both sides viewing my efforts with some degree of suspicion. Yet I have poured HUNDREDS of man hours into building the very first way to read WINLNK from a monitoring position --- and then Peter blew the thing out of the water by rewriting LZHUF so it is on-the-fly instead of after-the-fly.

You need to know that NOTHING LIKE THIS exists for many other popular modes --- including FLDGI/FLMSG -- that while completely UNencrypted.... CANNOT BE READ in current status simply because no one ever did the tweaks that I had to do, in order to read WINLINK. THOSE CAN BE DONE. Nothing but effort prevents them. You might want to know that! Because it will look badly if people continue to make prejudiced comments that reflect a lack of that knowledge.

SO THE OFFER STANDS: If you want the draft, (heck, you'll get to read the entire thing in just a few days, what difference does it make if you read the draft??) --- and provide your "Gee, i didn't mean it that way" or "golly, you took me out of context" or "hmmm...i'd like to retract that" --- Then we can easily made adjustments. For EXAMPLE --- peter helfert made a not-so-bright statement months back and when he realized something new, he provided me with a more correct statement and we included it to help people understand better, in the disclosure, "MYTHS ABOUT LZHUF " that is on the FCC site now since last Friday or so.

Just PM me. There is no deisre on my part to misrepresent anyone.

Gordon Gibby KX4Z

5. KX4Z

KX4Z Ham Member QRZ Page

I expect to have a draft between noon tomorrow and 6 PM tomorrow and i expect it to be 70 - 80 pages long, much of which is simply the Appendices because I provide every single stitch of evidence that people have a right to examine to determine whether or not I was pulling the wool over their eyes (which I am most assuredly not).

Of course it may change after the Draft, but usually not by huge amounts. This is your chance to correct anything that I've got wrong....

All right, back to my typewriter. Good evening.
    Gordon

6. DL6MAA

DL6MAA Ham Member QRZ Page

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  7. KX4Z

KX4Z Ham Member QRZ Page

What a relief. The rough draft for Section 3 -- the astounding conclusion from the data of the transmission of the 36,000 character George Washington Farewell Address, as captured by two receivers 9 miles apart (I was wrong, they weren't 15 miles apart, looks more like 9) -- from 900 mile away station N5TW.

There was SEVERE fading during that reception on 20 meters. The S-meter of an ICOM 718 is a highy non-uniform device (I calibrated mine) but in this case, the signals would just completely disappear about every 2 minutes or so. Flat NOTHING on the S meter..... and of course, the pactor would lose it at that point.

However, The data seem to show that the fading was temporally different (occurred at different times) at the two stations. When one station missed a packet, the other station HAD IT. Back and forth this went multiple times in the packet stream. Of course, it could happen differently next time, but this was very impressive corroboration that the diversity receiver idea is a promising one.

8. DL6MAA

DL6MAA Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, diversity is a very efficient way to improve the residual packet error rate.

The probabilty that a packet is not received a location A simply multiplies with that probability at location B...

So, for example, if the probability that a packet will not be received at location A is 30 %, and 20 % at location B,
    you have an overall probability of p_diversity = 0.2 * 0.3 = 0.06 that the packet will not be received by the 2 station
    diversity system. Diversity improves the packet error rate to 6 %, though the reception quality was quite poor at
    location A as well as at location B...

That also works for more than 2 stations of course, and the p_diversity improves very rapidly (exponentially)
    with increasing number of independent monitoring locations.

9. KX4Z

KX4Z Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you! I'll add in another footnote for that. I have a very very rough draft now, haven't even red through it yet. So far, not a single soul has asked for an advance copy. That's of course for them to choose! 73 pages and needing one more appendix. Everything is documented. shows how to monitor WINLINK, accurate depiction of how well it works. Are you doing to do a disclosure on YOUR software?

10. KX4Z

KX4Z Ham Member QRZ Page

OK, you are in there. 80 pages. I've spell checked now, and will do a READ THRU to make sure it actually makes some sense.

People DEMANDED this software for so many years, they should be delighted at these excellent results..and surprised to learn what has been missed for all these years.

gordon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.