HTX-202 Thread size?

Discussion in '"Boat Anchor" & Classic Equipment' started by KB5SXC, Jul 11, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KB5SXC

KB5SXC Ham Member QRZ Page

Looking to the correct size screw and thread, for the Belt Holder threaded blind holes on the back of an Icom -A21 which I believe is the exact same body as the HTX-202. However, if not the same still need to know the HTX-202 screw size.
    kb5sxc/qrp
    Leo

2. G3YRO

G3YRO Ham Member QRZ Page

There are all the same on those rigs . . . I have an Icom IC2E . . . and an HTX202 (which I think was basically an Icom rig made under licence for Radio Shack)

It's just a standard metric thread screw (forget what size - but if you look at some in a shop it will be obvious which to get)

Roger G3YRO

3. KB5SXC

KB5SXC Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks Roger, I'm guessing it might be a 4mm, however, it would be nice if someone could answer with direct knowledge.
    I'll likely order online, and didn't want to purchase needless sizes.

KB5SXC/qrp
    Leo

Just how common are 1/4" x 20 screws in Great Britain these days?

4. K9STH

K9STH Ham Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Just go to Lowe's or Home Depot, taking the unit along, and see what fits. Both of those outlets stock metric machine screws in various lengths.

Frankly, unless you are ordering other things, the shipping charges are going to be a lot more than just purchasing the fasteners from the home improvement center.

Glen, K9STH

5. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

This is why I disassemble and hoard parts from VCRs, copiers, scanners, etc... I have a metric bucket-o-screws at work, and if we need one for something, we can usually find 5 or 6. Not to mention I've used the gears and shafts for robot stuff.