HRDLog will upload to LOTW, but wont download.

Discussion in 'Logbooks & Logging Programs' started by GJ6WRI, Oct 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

When you have a lot of users you may not be on the same server as Joe Blow. And the IP is not the same for everyone.

Using a Hosts file is a short term solution for this problem.

And a good way to get your password in the wrong hands, if you do not know the IP you are re-directing to.

Have Fun.

2. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks, I am!

What you say is true - I wouldn't recommend such fix for banking site for instance. But it fixes the trouble with LoTW download.

3. KA9JLM

HRD needs to keep up with the program. If you are using a paid version.

4. N4FZ

N4FZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Steve, Hello, There's no aviation connection with my callsign, I know there is a plane near St. Louis with N4FZ, but it's not my plane, HI. BTW, I'm still sorting out the fix for this using (HRD 5.24.36) and the one click UP/DOWNLOAD instead. No luck with that so far.

5. F4GZJ

F4GZJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Same problem having upload and download my logs for many years without any problem from and to LOTW <--> HRD 5.26 and then appreciate the QSL informations update on HRD.
    Since few days nothing work anymore, trying to change URLs or modify host files no fix found at this time.
    Should anybody give usefull information welcome !

Christian F4GZJ

6. GJ6WRI

GJ6WRI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for your help!. A friend had a Cessna 414 with the call N414FZ, but often abbreviated to N4FZ by ATC. That aircraft has changed hands now...new paint, new interior etc, but this is a picture as it was circa 2006. (C) respected.

N4FZ.jpg

7. GJ6WRI

GJ6WRI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I had a look at the log file from HRD.
    Actions are all time stamped, until I do the download, where the time is reported to be incorrect?
    My upload works fine btw.
    I am going to restore my windows 7 to at least a month ago, just to see if we can rule out and windows updates (and there has been a lot in the last month).
    I will post back with any findings.

Thank you, et merci bien a tous stations francais! A bientot mes amis.

8. KA9JLM

What URL are you using ?

9. N4FZ

N4FZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Steve, Wow, Thanks for the airplane picture, that's very neat to see! BTW, I switched over to Google Chrome a few minutes ago, and I still can't upload as before 10/18/14 usinf HRD v 5.24.36. Still watching for new ideas on the fix. BUT, you can still UPLOAD/DOWNLOAD manually as before.

10. KA9JLM

Sounds like it may be time to pay up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.