HRD V5 logbook issues

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Deluxe - HRD' started by N3DT, Mar 30, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Left-3
ad: OK1UUad-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N3DT

N3DT Ham Member QRZ Page

Couple days a go, I imported some WSJT-X logs into my HRD V5 logbook. Then when I selected the new ones and tried to upload to lotw, it never finished, that is the button that says 'upload' never changed to 'finished'. So I tried again and then it warned me that lotw already has these logs. Well, it's been 4 days now and they don't show up in lotw. I've tried a few other new logs and same thing. Never finishes and the logs never appear in lotw.

eqsl upload works fine.

I'm really getting tired of this computer crap and am about to give up on it, seems like all I do is spend a lot time either reading instructions on how to use something or fixing it when it goes kaflooe. I just want to play with the radio, not spend my time troubleshooting. rant over.

Wondering if I should just save my logbook and uninstall the V5 HRD and start over? I really don't know where to go.

When I try to re-upload to lotw, I get a window that says 'Failed to sign the adif with TQSL' and in the logfile, I get errors that go like this:
    Output = BDB2526 Finding last valid log LSN: file: 5 offset 176661
    Output = BDB1518 Recovery complete at Mon Mar 30 10:44:30 2020
    Output = BDB1519 Maximum transaction ID 0 recovery checkpoint [5][176605]
    Output =
    Error = TQSL Version 2.5.1 [v2.5.1]
    Error = Signing using Callsign N3DT, DXCC Entity UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
    Error =
    Error = C:\Users\owner\AppData\Local\Temp\LOTWUpload 2020-03-30 104422.ADI: wrote 1

and it goes on from there, I saved the whole logfile if anyone wants to see it.

Any good ideas? It's been working fine for years, I even moved HRD V5 over from W7 to a new W10 computer last Nov.

2. AE6QE

AE6QE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Good afternoon. I don't have any solution yet, but I will say that I am having the same issue...

TQSL is called, and does the dupe check, but that seems to be where everything stops. Wish I could verify further, but unfortunately LOTW has a 90 minute delay currently.

3. N3DT

N3DT Ham Member QRZ Page

See my other thread under 'logbooks and logging programs', it looks like pa2reh is having the same problem. It sort of looks like TQSL is not working right for some reason with the logbook V5. I did make an adi export from HRD on my desktop and try to upload it directly through TQSL. It has not appeared in lotw yet either and it's been hours. Must be the coronavirus.

Does anyone know how to tell if an entry has been "signed by TQSL" in HRD logbook? Is it just the field under the LOTW tab at the bottom where it's checked yes for sent and has a date? I guess I could experiment, nothing else seems to be happening. But now I've got all those HRD entries checked yes and it's a pain in the butt to change them one at a time. I must have 40-50 entries that are now not in lotw and in HRD logbook marked as sent. I've taken to try them one at a time to see if anything works for now.

Like I say eqsl works. I may just have to revert to that, not that I'm a fan of that, I do upload to it, but otherwise ignore it.

4. N3DT

N3DT Ham Member QRZ Page

I just took one of the entries that I had previously tried to upload from HRD V5 to lotw by creating an adi file, and then signing and sending it with TQSL. I had to say yes to resending a previously signed entry, but it did show up in lotw. It was one of the entries that was not indicated as being uploaded to lotw in HRD, but apparently had previously been signed. We may just have to do it this way until something clears up or maybe forever????

I think I'll send a note to arrl since there are others that have this issue.

5. AE6QE

AE6QE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It appears that TQSL is actually doing the dupe checking. I was able to sign and upload the ADIF through TQSL, but it gave the same errors that we see in HRD. I have the same issues this morning, so it doesn't seem to be going away.

6. N3DT

N3DT Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah, I did the same, exported an adi file of all the entries that didn't go through and uploaded them through TQSL. That worked fine, but I had to check 'reload anyhow' because it thought they were both signed and also sent. At least I have all my entries in lotw now. I had a Thailand and China in there on 20M that got confirmed. That was my first HS

I think lotw changed something. I sent them a note, but they will probably say get in touch with HRD, which is not going to happen since there's no V5 HRD support.

7. PD2D

PD2D Ham Member QRZ Page

Also here problems with up- & download. Not exactly the same as desribed before, but also problems. Started after DST change. Looks like time issue but can't find a reason: (HRD v5)

transscript from logfile:

Invalid DateTime GetHttpConnection URL ............: p1k.arrl.org
    Internet port ..: 443

Invalid DateTime CHttpConnection::OpenRequest Verb ..........: 0
    Object name ...: /lotwuser/default
    Referer .......: https://p1k.arrl.org/lotwuser/default
    Accept types ..: NULL
    Version .......: NULL
    Flags .........: 04803000

Invalid DateTime CHttpFile::SendRequest Headers ....: Accept: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, application/x-shockwave-flash, application/xaml+xml, application/vnd.ms-xpsdocument, application/x-ms-xbap, application/x-ms-application, application/vnd.ms-excel, application/vnd.ms-powerpoint, application/msword, */*

Accept-Language: en-us

UA-CPU: x86

User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Media Center PC 4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.5.21022;)

Connection: Keep-Alive

Cache-Control: no-cache

Data .......: login="REMOVED"&password="REMOVED"&acct_sel=
    Length .....: 38
    Result .....: 1
    Status .....: 308

Invalid DateTime LOTW Login Status = <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
    Invalid DateTime LOTW Login Status = <html><head>
    Invalid DateTime LOTW Login Status = <title>308 Permanent Redirect</title>
    Invalid DateTime LOTW Login Status = </head><body>
    Invalid DateTime LOTW Login Status = <h1>Permanent Redirect</h1>
    Invalid DateTime LOTW Login Status = <p>The document has moved <a href="https://lotw.arrl.org/lotw/upload">here</a>.</p>
    Invalid DateTime LOTW Login Status = </body></html>
    Invalid DateTime LOTW Login Status =
    Invalid DateTime LOTW Login Failed: status = 308

Everything worked fine until last sunday!

8. N3DT

N3DT Ham Member QRZ Page

I have not seen the invalid datetime error. Here are my errors:

Error = TQSL Version 2.5.1 [v2.5.1]
    Error = Signing using Callsign N3DT, DXCC Entity UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
    Error =
    Error = C:\Users\owner\AppData\Local\Temp\LOTWUpload 2020-03-30 104422.ADI: wrote 1 records to C:\Users\owner\AppData\Local\Temp\LOTWUpload 2020-03-30 104422.TQ8
    Error = C:\Users\owner\AppData\Local\Temp\LOTWUpload 2020-03-30 104422.TQ8 is ready to be emailed or uploaded.
    Error = Note: TQSL assumes that this file will be uploaded to LoTW.
    Error = Resubmitting these QSOs will cause them to be reported as already uploaded.
    Error = Final Status: Success (0)
    Error =
    10:42:05 GetHttpConnection URL ............: p1k.arrl.org
    Internet port ..: 443

10:42:05 CHttpConnection::OpenRequest Verb ..........: 0
    Object name ...: /lotwuser/default
    Referer .......: https://p1k.arrl.org/lotwuser/default
    Accept types ..: NULL
    Version .......: NULL
    Flags .........: 04803000

10:42:05 LOTW Login Error = The HTTP redirect request must be confirmed by the user

9. PD2D

PD2D Ham Member QRZ Page

10. KJ6ZH

KJ6ZH Ham Member QRZ Page

Am trying to upload my log from HRD v5.
    My last upload was on 8/10/2019.
    I opened HRD Logbook, highlighted all entries from 8/11/2019 to 4/11/2020 and saved as an ADI file.
    Opened TQSL (which I updated to the most recent version) and selected "Sign a Log and Save for Uploading Later".
    Selected my saved ADI file and my location, etc.
    TQSL gives me the following error for all my entries:

Error: Station Location does not match QSO details
    The Station Location 'Gridsquare' has value 'none' while QSO has 'CM98JS' on line 20
    band: 160m
    band_rx: 160m
    call: K0KO
    freq: 1.841500
    mode: FT8
    my_cq_zone: 3
    my_gridsquare: CM98JS
    my_itu_zone: 6
    station_callsign: KJ6ZH
    time_on: 114300
    qso_date: 20200408

All my entries have locations for me and the station worked.

What is wrong?

Chris - KJ6ZH