ad: chuckmartin

HRD Software, LLC releases version 5.11a

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WJ6R, Feb 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KT1F

KT1F Ham Member QRZ Page

Why do you say that?

Visual Studio is a (very good IMO) development environment which can be used for multiple languages, one of which is Visual C++. I think Rick said HRD is currently on VC++ 6 which is quite old.

What IDE would you expect them to use when developing on Windows?

2. K2GW

K2GW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Logger32 does everything that HRD did and is still free.

3. KC7YRA

KC7YRA Ham Member QRZ Page

You more eloquently said what I had said pages ago. I asked the same question about "Module isn't active" on their pages. The website is rather poor compared to what they are trying to sell. Unfortunately, I never got an answer to my query.

Brad

4. N4OYT

N4OYT Ham Member QRZ Page

40 would be high in my book,,25 or 30 would be resonable...so if its going to be 80 then I'm deffinatly OUT!!!

5. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree.

I was speaking about the System Requirements.

6. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

That may be because you did not pay for support. lol

7. KT1F

KT1F Ham Member QRZ Page

I still don't really get what you mean.

Does the latest C++ within Visual Studio produce executables that require more resources on the end user's computer?

8. WJ6R

WJ6R Ham Member QRZ Page

The answer is that we are using PHP nuke as a temporary holder and Ive got alot of the modules turned off until Erin (KJ4MFO) can finish the NICE website.

Patience guys, it's just a website, not a catalog.

9. KE2IV

KE2IV Ham Member QRZ Page

Gosh -- I plowed through a lot of this thread and then had to jump to the end.

I'll admit that $79.95 did catch my breath as being a bit steep -- but not outrageous. And the $59.95 "teaser" option is very tempting indeed.

I really have just one question. As I've migrated to a Mac I only keep XP on it via Parallels plus I run an older Dell laptop with XP in the shack. I've no interest in going to Windows 7 (much less 8).

Will HRD 6.0 work on XP?

If not -- I'll stick with the older "free" version. If so, I figure it's a buy.

Please advise.

10. WJ6R

WJ6R Ham Member QRZ Page

yes 6 will work with XP, Vista and 7 :) (and 8)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.