HRD concerns

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N5XO, Aug 12, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-rfparts
  1. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

HRD has had a number of customer service issues over the years. Read the reviews. The issue described by N2SUB last winter was what brought them the most attention, and apparently resulted in some personnel changes.

I had problems with customer support years before, and they were well known to people who are currently still at HRD. I don't trust them to "fix" things today, because I couldn't trust them to "fix" things then. It's unfortunate.

KE0EYJ likes this.
  2. WX7P

WX7P Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok, NOW I see YOUR point of view.

Your comments make more sense to me now. Thanks for the clarification.

3. KK5JY

No problem. I don't see why it matters, but okay. :cool:

Some people have been glad to trust HRD since the new year, and that's fine. There have been many good reviews since the new year, and that's great. If they continue on that course, they have a chance to make a great product.

Some people are going to take longer to trust them again. When a company's reputation erodes for years, it can't completely recover just becomes somebody says, "sorry, but we fixed the problem." Nor should they expect that to happen.

I think that's mostly what I was trying to say.

4. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I think the person that you are talking about got me banded here on QRZ because I spoke the truth about how the HRD code had problems. He was customer support.

It may not be open source but I do know a bit about compiled MS code and the MS dependencies that HRD uses. I coded for MS to bring you Win 2000 error free. :)

I do not think that person is working for Mike anymore.

There is no reason to bring up the past. HRD is trying the best to gain the trust we expect.

The only problem is Mike has not hired me to code for him. :(

Keep up the good work Mike and HRD crew.

5. WX7P

WX7P Ham Member QRZ Page

Heh, it doesn't really matter.

You're obviously not an 'outrage poster'. That's a good thing.

This sums it up:

KA9JLM likes this.
  6. K1FBI

K1FBI Ham Member QRZ Page

I am still using the last Free version of HRD.

W4IOA, K6CLS and KK5JY like this.
  7. KK5JY

For people who want to run HRD, that's what I recommend that they do. I know a local ham who just won't even try fldigi...

8. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

Some goat wakes up 6 months after something happens and decides that the company is not told off until HE tells them off. And other lil goats join in....

bleat.jpg

W9RLG, WZ7U and KP4SX like this.
  9. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

LOL!!

10. KK5JY

In other industries, one solution to this problem is for another larger company to buy the offending company, absorb its trademarks, then drop those trademarks. Those products get called something else entirely, and then it looks like the offending company disappeared completely. The customers might even keep buying the same old stuff, unknowingly, but the box is completely different.

Software doesn't quite work that way. Whenever I sit down in front of a Windows 10 machine, I get a vivid reminder that it was the same people who gave me the Windows 8 abomination and the Windows Vista abomination, and the Windows Me abomination, and so on. The more times they release Windows 2000 success stories, and Windows 7 success stories and Windows XP success stories, the less I remember the abominations, and the more I'm willing to trust them when they release something new. As a result, software companies run on trust, and that trust damages quickly and heals slowly. That might not be fair, but it is the way things are.

KY5U likes this.