ad: GNOHF-1

HRD concerns

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N5XO, Aug 12, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: K3QNTad-1
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
  1. WX7P

WX7P Ham Member QRZ Page

The zed types have already cranked up the outrage machine once before.

Why do it again?

I think some people get their jollies being angry all the time.

WU8Y, K5RCD and WZ7U like this.
  2. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

Too bad he couldn't have done that a couple of years earlier. It would have salvaged a lot of his company's reputation. HRD's customer relationship problems didn't start with "blacklisting." Hopefully they ended with "blacklisting." Time will tell.

Maybe because the so-called "blacklisting" episode wasn't a one-off, and trust isn't restored overnight.

3. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

4. KK5JY

5. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes probably should be moved, but its not a big deal. :)

KA9JLM likes this.
  6. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Mike trusted people that worked for him, Until the main coder proved he could not be trusted.

It is a done deal, and looking up. I trust Mike and his word to make things right. :)

I need a new radio to try the new version, My TS-520 is not supported. :(

7. WX7P

WX7P Ham Member QRZ Page

Could be, but that doesn't address the point of my comment.

The OP's post was nothing but an unnecessary deep dredge re-litigating allegations that are almost a year old. The post has nothing to do with re-establishing "trust" AFTER the alleged events.

The value added of the conversation at this juncture is ZERO. If there were evidence that actions alleged were still happening, that would change things. Since there aren't any allegations, this thread is nothing but re-bashing a vendor based on old allegations.

WU8Y likes this.
  8. KK5JY

Perhaps. If that is true, how would that be different from dismissing months or years of a company's misbehavior based solely on one person's one-time statement that things are "fixed now?"

Regardless of how poorly the OP stated his concerns, he is not without reason for being concerned.

9. WX7P

WX7P Ham Member QRZ Page

I didn't reference the company response, neither did the OP. The OP doesn't even operate HRD as he has a Mac. Why would he 'recommend' something he doesn't use?

You're correct, the OP did a lousy job of stating 'concerns' especially since it doesn't even affect his station operation. Why go there?

There are plenty of ways to get the information he claims he needs without getting on here with an inflammatory post which *appears* to be designed to get the 'outrage' restarted for no apparent valid reason.

WU8Y likes this.
  10. KE0EYJ

KE0EYJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I have heard the guy who did it is no longer with the company.

True or not? That's what I heard.