ad: Amateur-1

HR2510

Discussion in 'Radio Circuits, Repair & Performance' started by KB2LMN, May 28, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KB2LMN

KB2LMN Ham Member QRZ Page

ok I have an HR2510 that had some issues so I recapped it and removed, cleaned and checked all components that had the corrosive glue on them. I am still seeing the same issues, no display for the frequency but I can see the bar meter work to the left and the channel up & down buttons along with the frequency dial are inoperable. I am able to change channels via the microphone buttons. So now that I got past it not being a bad cap or corroded Component we’re should I start looking? I was going to lift D152 to check it but it cracked, now I don’t know if it was cracked or me desoldering it cracked it? So that’s on ordered for replacement. I also pulled D112 &113 and checked on Fluke, 112 shows .337 and OL and 113 shows .609 and OL. I don’t show power on either side of it but I believe it gets power from D152 so that will need to wait.
    Am I on the right path or should I be looking elsewhere? Any tips or suggestions?

2. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Sounds like you've spend a lot of time working on a 30 year-old rig that's worth about $100 today.

Are you sure it's worth pursuing?

WA7PRC likes this.
  3. K9STH

K9STH Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

LMN:

Do you have the factory service manual on the HR-2510?

If not, contact me by E-Mail at

k9sth (at) sbcglobal (dot) net.

I have the manual, schematics, and board layouts in PDF and graphics files on my computer and can forward them to you. I also have an original "hard copy" but don't loan out hard copies anymore because they don't always seem to find their way home again!

Glen, K9STH

N8YX likes this.