ad: elecraft

HR2.0 - Yaesu REVEALS the FTM-200DR Dual Band Mobile C4FM FUSION Radio

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KC5HWB, Feb 17, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KC5HWB

KC5HWB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Brand new from Yaesu is a new dual band mobile radio that incorporates Yaesu System Fusion, C4FM, and analog into 1 package. Let me know in the comments what you think about this radio, and check the links below for further details.

HRO page: https://www.hamradio.com/detail.cfm?pid=H0-017833

WM7C, N8XLQ/SK2024, N7BTZ and 6 others like this.
  2. KD5BVX

KD5BVX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

A surprise radio and somewhat interesting, does seem to be a replacement for the 100DR. Supply chain issues forcing redesigns of radios due to unavailable components, maybe? Regardless, good to see Yaesu is awake and still churning out radios. It isn't one that I would want personally but that doesn't mean it isn't a viable radio for some users.

K9EZ, K1CWB, M1WML and 1 other person like this.
  3. UT7UX

UT7UX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I wish Kenwood to compete in this segment.

While more advanced FTM300 is being sold for $460 I see no any reason to buy FTM200 for pretty much same $400. Hope they'll drop the price soon. Some $300 look more reasonable. However with $320 for basic FTM6000 they probably won't.

N0YPD, M1WML, W5CJA and 1 other person like this.
  4. AD7SK

AD7SK Ham Member QRZ Page

Agreed. I may well be missing something relevant, but I don't 'get' what market share Yaesu is trying to address.

K6RWM, M1WML, W5CJA and 1 other person like this.
  5. KC5HWB

KC5HWB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I do too

KC8OWL, N0YPD, VE3CLG and 2 others like this.
  6. NU4R

NU4R XML Subscriber QRZ Page

WHAT IN THE WORLD is "a Kenwood?"

K9EZ, KB7RQQ, N0ZNA and 2 others like this.
  7. KD5BVX

KD5BVX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Eh?

UT7UX and M1WML like this.
  8. W5CJA

W5CJA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Again...I'm just happy to have options on radios. New models are always a good thing. Still, I'm scratching my head with this product's placement price and feature wise.

K6RWM, UT7UX, M1WML and 1 other person like this.
  9. KC1MIJ

KC1MIJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Looks like they aren't going to compete with the Icon IC-705.

UT7UX, M1WML and N6NLX like this.
  10. N6NLX

N6NLX Ham Member QRZ Page

It appears the only difference is the 200 is a single receiver. I believe the 300 is a dual receiver. I would probably have gone with the 200 if it were available when I bought the 300. I am happy with it as well.
    I wish Yaesu would listen to customers. I don’t know why they don’t implement a “nuisance delete”button in the firmware. When traveling and scanning it would be handy to lock out channels that repeatedly cause the scanning to stop. Then you wouldn’t have to reach out and press the up or down button to continue scanning every few seconds. It gets annoying and I end up turning the radio off. The nuisance delete button would require a one touch and the channel would be skipped. This works great with the Anytone radios. When you cycle the power the channel is available again for scanning.
    Here in SoCal there can be repeaters in the US and also in Mexico on the same frequencies. If the repeaters in Mx are busy it constantly locks the radio on it when scanning. Other sources of noise will stop scanning as well.
    I’ve been hoping Yaesu would add a feature like this in a FW upgrade but nothing to date.

W4ZHA, AC8MA, W2ZF and 5 others like this.
  11. N6NLX

N6NLX Ham Member QRZ Page

Sadly it doesn’t. Looks like the Chinese are hot on their tail.

KQ1V and M1WML like this.
  12. M1WML

M1WML Ham Member QRZ Page

;)

KQ1V likes this.
  13. DO1FER

DO1FER Ham Member QRZ Page

The new FTM-200 DR seems to be a smaller version of the FTM-400 which I like the most. The new heat sink is great, because in the FTM-400 the cooler system is much to loud. At next the function of recording is nice, too. But now I miss here the second receiver for to do satellite operations. Then the recording would make much more sense in some hectic situations like that and especially when the FTM-200 DR is used outside in the field.

14. LX2WP

LX2WP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Snapshot feature with the optional mic. I got these mic for my yaesu ft2d, the audio quality of this mic is not lo good. It is not loud audio and dull audio to listen using it as speaker

UT7UX likes this.
  15. UT7UX

UT7UX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Next, please! :D

N0ZNA likes this.