ad: M2Ant-1

HR2.0 - Yaesu FTM-6000r Mobile Ham Radio Discussion with John Kruk, N9UPC, from Yaesu

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KC5HWB, Oct 12, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. KC7JNJ

KC7JNJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I am familiar with the way mother Mo thinks. I worked in a Motorola shop. I still have Motorola gear in two of my own vehicles.

The Yaesu 7900r was one of the easiest installs of my life. Perfect from a ease of use, ease of install perspective. For the company to say it is always a debate on the microphone being connected to the control head or separate from the control head I would think that’s not necessarily true. It would seem to me the numbers who would want it not connected to control head would be very small. Really not a debate in the ham world. I think it it is more about an engineering perspective or a cost saving perspective for the manufacture. But then I am not going to change the way young engineers who have done little to no installing are thinking these days. (It is what it is) But I am very glad to see a simple analog dual band mobile radio coming back into the lineup.

KQ1V likes this.
  2. KJ4NWQ

KJ4NWQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Every mobile radio I have regardless of brand was purchased specifically because the mic connection was on the head. I can't imagine why I would want one any other way. That said, I don't see much of a technical challenge to the manufacturer to put both on the radio.

3. 2E0NYH

2E0NYH Ham Member QRZ Page

IC-2730 allows for both options ( does anyone know if you can do both at the same time and pondering a hands free ( ptt on the gearstick ) install but retaining the keypad fist mike as well if i do an proper install in my current car - as seen with some Emergency vehicles in the UK )