HR2.0 - Yaesu FT5DR System Fusion Handheld Ham Radio with John Kruk

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KC5HWB, Sep 9, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KC5HWB

KC5HWB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Today I welcome John Kruk from Yaesu back to the livestream to discuss the new YAesu FT5DR System Fusion Handheld Ham Radio. 100k

KB7THL, DO1FER and M1WML like this.
  2. K3RW

K3RW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Waiting for yet another guy to make a 'witty observation' about baseball guy with same name

:rolleyes:

KC5HWB and WA6JFK like this.
  3. KQ1V

KQ1V Ham Member QRZ Page

Well... it is good marketing, because you are all talking about it!

4. DO1FER

DO1FER Ham Member QRZ Page

The new monitoring feature is great. To have five frequencies always at a glance. There are now new possibilities to safe energy in standby, when normaly using the home shack.

KD5BVX likes this.
  5. KK4CUL

KK4CUL Ham Member QRZ Page

Face discussion aside -- it seems pretty obvious that Yaesu's marking budget was large (or the dealers or distributors offering review samples?) for this new radio. Of course, I know the YouTubers are innocent since they're just doing a job and working the algorithm yadda yadda. Either way, seems less like "news" than "mutually beneficial agreement between digital media peddlers and manufacturers trying to advertise."

WN1MB, K4DXG, M0TNX and 9 others like this.
  6. NN6D

NN6D Ham Member QRZ Page

no full duplex
    no bueno

2M0TFP, KD2TUD, UT7UX and 1 other person like this.
  7. KQ1V

KQ1V Ham Member QRZ Page

8. K5BLS

K5BLS Ham Member QRZ Page

I have asked SEVERAL times to the Frontman about the transmit audio level imbalance that exists in all the other HT's since the FT1 between Analog and Digital, and I have gotten....Z E R O response as usual. Anyone have any knowledge of this being fixed please let me know. I wont buy another Fusion portable until this is corrected. Its not a problem on the mobiles, but it is on the Ht's.

9. KQ1V

KQ1V Ham Member QRZ Page

God, you're from 1-country?

Seriously, if you have a problem with all the guys making kooky faces on the videos... why not write an email to the head Poobah at QRZ?

I stand by comments, lighten up, Francis. Ham Radio = Hobby. AMATEUR.

KC5HWB likes this.
  10. AD4ZU

AD4ZU Ham Member QRZ Page

In 2021 its a shame that YAESU, ICOM etc can't include Bluetooth formats that are HANDS FREE USEABLE with car audio systems. Just ridiculous!

N3FAA likes this.