ad: QSLWorks-1

HR2.0 - SunSDR2 DX HF Ham Radio Transceiver Setup and Demo

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KC5HWB, Aug 25, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KC5HWB

KC5HWB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Correct. There are multiple apps you can use against a green screen, I normally use Streamlabs OBS

2. AJ2I

AJ2I XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Light years ahead of flex. I like it!

N7ZDR and N2RIC like this.
  3. N7ZRZ

N7ZRZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Had mine for a few months now and feel that it is the best by far for me.
    Had the Flex 1500, 3000, and 6300 but the SmartSDR software was confusing...
    I feel the instructions for the ExpertSDR2 seems to be more ... Laymen Friendly.
    Not so many acronyms. Found lots of YouTube on rig...
    Oh, and the VHF works exceptionally well also.
    Roomer is, ExpertSDR is coming out with V3 soon.

AJ2I, KC5HWB and N2RIC like this.
  4. VE3TLT

VE3TLT Ham Member QRZ Page

Way to much, for this radio !

5. AJ2I

AJ2I XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Not really. It beats the Flex 6000 series and look at how much those are.

6. N2RIC

N2RIC Ham Member QRZ Page

Have you had a chance to compare this against a Flex Radio, Jason?

Please note, I’m asking an honestly. I’m not attacking/trolling you, as I’ve seen others do elsewhere on QRZ.

KC5HWB likes this.
  7. WO2E

WO2E Ham Member QRZ Page

nice, i like it

KC5HWB likes this.
  8. KC5HWB

KC5HWB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you for the comment and question.

Comparing receivers on the same antenna, no. I compared the SmartSDR and ExperSDR software. I don't know that I have one I prefer - SmartSDR is easier to setup, but both softwares have a lot of great features. More usage is certainly warranted.

N2RIC likes this.
  9. N2RIC

N2RIC Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the reply, Jason!

KC5HWB likes this.
  10. W4EAE

W4EAE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you for the video.

The Flex radios are a flat-out no-go for me as a Linux user. According to their website, SunSDR appears to directly support Ubuntu/Kubuntu (which should translate more or less to general Debian support). I hope that this mean equal functionality between Windows, Apple, and Linux. If this is the case, I am quite interested. It would certainly be easier and less expensive that bringing my LimeSDR up to the same capabilities on HF.

KC5HWB and N2RIC like this.
  11. DL7ISA

DL7ISA Ham Member QRZ Page

It doesnt has a XLR socket, such as for these Studio Microphones. i would like to directly connect my Studio Mic with its XLR plug to the SDR, the XLR socket should of course have the needes 48V powersupply already built in. it shouldnt be impossible to have it like that, the yeasu ftdx9000 has a xlr socket for the mic too, why wouldnt other factories build something like that too, it would be very convenient.

KC5HWB likes this.
  12. K9WWW

K9WWW Ham Member QRZ Page

There aren't many radios that have XLR input. I thought it was great this little unit offers Yaesu compatible mic input as well as a 1/4" jack. I would like that covers 99% of the folks and there is a space issue on a small unit like this.