ad: k1jek

HR2.0 - Ham Radio Antennas | Base Station Antennas - What Do The YouTubers Use? YTB #19

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KC5HWB, Sep 4, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. G7DAZ

G7DAZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Amen brother....exact and to the point...couldn't have said it better myself ;)

K8JHR, VE3GCX and KR3DX like this.
  2. K8JHR

K8JHR Ham Member QRZ Page

" But, it is whatever the website owner WANTS it to be, it's his website, he pays the bills.

----------------------------------------------

No, I think Subscribers pay the bills. And I suspect it adds up to a fairly substantial sum. Play with the math. Let's assume just for a moment 35,000 subscribers pay $30. That would yield more than a million bucks, and that does not include advertising dollars from GoogleAds and ham radio vendors, and other fees - pretty soon it adds up to serious folding money. I suppose customers (subscribers) pay the bills, as in most businesses. And, my only regret is I did not think of it first ! K8JHR

G7DAZ and KR3DX like this.
  3. MARCIUS1963

MARCIUS1963 QRZ Member

I'm a citizen band operator and I build all of my ownnantenna's from wire.
    My mentor a silent key was a extra class operator once told me that a wire antenna could tx/rx better than any commercial made aluminum antennas on the market past, present, future when its built correctly.

KC5HWB likes this.
  4. MARCIUS1963

MARCIUS1963 QRZ Member

5. NA5GA

NA5GA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Isn't it interesting that so many guys always have something negative to say -- or "mine is bigger, faster, newer, older, slower, uglier, better looking - or something than yours". Believe it or not, some people have restrictions due to an HOA or a minor budget issue. We aren't here to compete with each other on forums -- that happens on the air :) Let's just play nice and learn from others when the opportunity is presented.