ad: Mountaingoat-1

HR2.0 - Getting Started with JS8Call! - LIVESTREAM with Jordan, KN4CRD

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KC5HWB, Jul 12, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KC5HWB

KC5HWB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

On this Livestream I welcome Jordan, KN4CRD, the creator of the popular JS8Call application, which is a new HF digital mode. Watch us learn how to properly set it up and configure it, then do some contacts!

www.js8call.com

2. NN2X

NN2X XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Great demo, awesome mode...(JS8CALL), I was one of the first to use this mode (JS8CALL)...I like it as it has FT8 Spec's with a QSO....And from what I saw on the video the speed is up to 40wpm...That is not bad...

Thanks to Jordan, (KN4CRD), we have another mode to work DX...

Cheers, NN2X..

N5MTX and KC5HWB like this.
  3. KC5HWB

Thanks for commenting, agreed, this is a mode I am planning to use more myself.

NX1V likes this.
  4. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

You got to be kidding me an hour and 45 minutes!!!

5. KC5HWB

It is a livestream, man. Plenty of other vids out there about JS8call also.

K0UO likes this.
  6. KA1BSZ

KA1BSZ Ham Member QRZ Page

This presentation is good....too much chattering. get right to the chase! 1 hour and 45 minutes is a great way to LOSE YOUR INTERESTED CROWD! THIS IS LONGER THAN MY BORING CHURCH SERVICE. omg! I lost interest after 20 minutes. I'll stick with the 2.1.1 program . If your going have a video on the new js8call program, make the video not any more than 40 minutes.

NX1V, AL7PX and W1IP like this.
  7. KC5HWB

This is a Livestream, not a How To video.

8. KA1BSZ

KA1BSZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I wished that more would get on JS8CALL, but it doesn't seem to be catching on at all. it really is a great mode, no body uses it.

KC5HWB likes this.
  9. W9MO

W9MO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Don't feed the trolls Jason. Thanks for the video.

KC5HWB likes this.
  10. W1WWA

W1WWA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Wow that was long..... JS8call could be a fun mode, just to slow. Not bashing just saying ;)

11. AL7PX

AL7PX Ham Member QRZ Page

I downloaded the latest version the other day. Been off it for quite a while. Called CQ for least 3 hours, not one reply. All the present operators just like to play with the Heartbeat function and give SNR reports.
    Jordan should just remove the CQ button. Nobody uses it. When it first came out most everyone called CQ, not anymore. I think I saw one CQ call in 3 hours. Only Heartbeat replies.

12. NX1V

NX1V Ham Member QRZ Page

I tried it, but it seemed way to damn complicated for a digital chat mode. I think the concept has a ton of potential, but the layout of the window and the absolute large amount of options simply made it a stressful thing to even try to learn. Half hour later, went back to ft8. I'll just stick with rtty, I guess.

The JS8CALL protocol seems like a good idea, though - maybe someone can eventually make a compatible software that's literally got a tenth the options in it.

VA5PC likes this.
  13. NX1V

NX1V Ham Member QRZ Page

Too complicated. Way too complicated.